Motorcycling and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItMustBeJames

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone ride and dive? I tried posting this thread on one of the sport-touring motorcycling sites I read, but there weren't many takers. I'm curious about how you load up your gear; what you can bring and what you can't; what you do about salt water dripping from your gear to your bike; etc. Any and all comments are welcome.

-James

I used to ride, but now I dive. I can't imagine loading all the gear I have onto a m/c so I settle for my truck. I had a hard enough time carrying golf clubs, so I can't imagine carrying a tank, unless you have a Goldwing and a tow behind trailer

I ride.. and dive...

but have no clue how I'd ever do both at the same time.

I have borrowed a pony bottle, tossed it in a backpack, rode across town to air up some tires.

Somewhere I read about a story of someone watching a diver come out of the water and walk over to a motorcycle and ride off, still wearing all the gear. It was in europe someplace.

I have a really sweet RoadKing. Haven't figured how to keep it running underwater and buoyancy sucks.

well...cycle is. So yes.

I have a VTX 1800. I've installed a couple of roll-control racks on the side where the saddle bags used to be so it does a pretty good job at holding the 120s. I've modified the windshield to keep the seaspray to a minimum. And I've worked out all the kinks with the bilge pump. But the problem is as soon as I run it off the dock, it sinks right to the bottom. Any suggestions?

Oriskany Divemaster:
I've modified the windshield to keep the seaspray to a minimum. And I've worked out all the kinks with the bilge pump. But the problem is as soon as I run it off the dock, it sinks right to the bottom. Any suggestions?

I took my windshield off, I'm hardcore and like to keep the "knees in the seas".
Never thought about a bilge pump; good idea. I may use one to pump air and water between my saddlebags and maybe fix the curse on my bike's buoyancy. :crafty:

Back
Top Bottom