Motorcycling and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I ride and I dive. I can't imagine riding to a dive. For one thing, my Ducati barely has enough space to carry registration papers. For another, it's a bit far to ride from New Hampshire to Florida (me=warm water wimp). The Vespa has considerably more carrying capacity, but still nowhere near enough. It's even less suitable for getting me where I want to dive.

I ride and dive! I have a Goldwing and trailer. I can carry my gear and up to three tanks, so my wife and I could both dive from the bike. In practice, I usually take the "big" car so I can carry my O2, gear, toys, etc...

Cheddarguy and I ride and dive but not at the same time. Him Ultra classic, me Superglide..I have always thought about trying to do it together but too many complications...

I ride a Suzuki SV650 which certainly doesn't lend itself to a combination of the both activities. Mstevens got it right with “barely has enough space to carry registration papers”. But I like the idea! I’ve been pondering a larger touring bike, perhaps a BMW (hey, come on, they’re nice!)

Carrying tanks seems impractical and potentially very dangerous. But I’m thinking of rigging up something to carry the rest of my equipment for the trip to a dive destination. The overall idea being that a bunch of friends and I could each load up our bikes, take a 2-day ride south, and stay somewhere near the place we want to dive. When it’s all over, it’d just be a matter of cleaning off the equipment, packing it up, and enjoying another 2-day ride north again.

The local dive shop up here in Fairfax mentioned that there are some options I could go with if I wanted lighter or modular scuba equipment. This included BCD bladders that separate from a back-plate, hard cases that have storage for each piece of gear, etc. They recommended that I get a little more experience before using these products (the BCD in particular), but I figure it’s never too early to read up on them.

Yeah...i have ridden my motorcycle while diving.

I logged two dives on it...with the motor running and the wheels tearing it up at the equivalent rpm of 120 mph:D ONe dive was to 30 ft and the other to 130 ft. What a pain in the boooty pullig the bike up on the boat ladder:D

j/k :wink:

I ride and dive...not at the same time.

I think this question has been covered before. As I recall, one of members is actually hauling a trailer with his bike...

There are many motocycle trailers out there, you might put a full single set in though. Your baby should be a crusier with a high volume of engine, not a sport bike.

irishsquid:
I have a really sweet RoadKing. Haven't figured how to keep it running underwater and buoyancy sucks.

well if you have the scuba tank hooked into the intake and no watter leaking... it will run under watter the only problem is if it leaks or the engine is to hot and instantly cools... runing under watter no problem its just like extream offroading they use snorkals but i have seen people put air tanks in their trucks so they dont stall but when you get that deep its not because you can its because you didnt think it was that deep

and as for the exaust it keeps the watter out as the pressure push it out..

Riding my bike home at the end of a dive would be the perfect ending to the perfect day (if I could figure out how to get my gear on my bike).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom