Most Similian liveaboards are a SCAM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah MrStain, you get what you pay for! It's like that the world over. Duh!!That's right, Mr STAIN on my website. Someone get the bleach!!!

I would just like to clarify to everyone that the company Mrstein used was South Siam Divers, and not my company, Siam Dive n' Sail, our website being http://siamdivers.com. SOUTH Siam Divers for some reason 'borrowed" our name; or shall I say "enhanced" our name which has been ours since 1995 officially, but people called us 'Siamdivers' since 1987 when we were Siam Diving Center. They have 'enhanced' our name, but they are not enhancing our reputation, so for future posts, please clarify who exactly you're talking about so that there is no confusing various operations. With everyone borrowing everyone else's names these days, it's difficult to keep track.

As to Mrstein's comments, well, those have been addressed by the others so no need to go there. As for the Philipppines, I know it's great there, and you can even check your hand gun at the dive shop before you go diving, they have special lockers... just a joke, gang, no foul intended.

'Nuf said, to borrow another well used line.

I think I'll start "Dive The South World" and "South Sunrise Divers", what do you think? They sound like names for a good rock band.

Hey John,

Nice of you to pop in.

We already have DiveWorld Thailand to compete with our name, and as you know Gilbert (who set up Sunrise Divers in 1998) was/is rather angry about the guy starting Sunrise DivING. Surely anywhere but Thailand it would not be allowed due to similarity in the name.

Has anyone got 'South Copyrise Divers of the Orient' yet? :D

I think we effectively ended this discussion, correct? Bored everyone finally we did. Whew, about time. I am tired just thinking about this. Or maybe everyone else just went to bed? But, to sum up: Truisms in the Diving World Part 1:

1) The problem with dive destinations is that it was always better yesterday, it was always better somewhere else, and it will always be better next time. Until the next time of course.

2) Divemasters always swim too slow, and they always swim too fast. Their briefings are always too long and too short. They are always too comprehensive but not comprehensive enough.

3) The currents are always too strong, unless they are not strong enough.

4) There are too many experts who know everything, and too many experts who know nothing.

I know nothing, so I'll leave it to all of you. It's been an enjoyable discussion, though, thanks. I also enjoy every dive I go on, except in the bay at Racha Yai of course. Oh, and off Cancun in front of Club Med. You can have those places, I enjoy every other place I've been, thoroughly.

For those who don't find some thing a little bit enjoyable about every dive you do, golf is a very exciting sport, and even more expensive than diving which is pretty cool. And, you can dress better. And the chicks STILL wont dig you.

I read a tech piece the other day in some nameless paper which predicted that blogs are on the decline because there is too much repetition. I'm not sure I agree. I am not sure I agree. I am not sure I agree.

Back
Top Bottom