Most Similian liveaboards are a SCAM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didnt you have a tabby? The thing was huge and exceptionally freindly. I was around from 1996-1999

i don't care what anyone think or says, but similian still gets thumb up from me, check out my 1st underwater photos from similian islands this past thanksgiving...

hello Dr. Bill, I have been living here in Southern Cal pretty much all my life and yet have never dive in the Catalina Island, maybe someday I will see you in the water. have a good day.

Tommer

Tingalingaling Belushi! Nice to meet you on SB after so many years! You're asking about the most photographed cat on Phuket - Hobbes - will PM you later with all the news.

Also Tommer - great pics. We had customers return from the Similans yesterday and they had a whale of a time!

wow! i've been dying for a laugh all day!!! I'm so glad that Mr stein is not going back as I will be there late feb and there are enough dive plebs! remember, everyone was a beginner once. With all that experience, you'd think a person would know better!!

Just got back from a liveaboard on the Similans and well, we had some problems with one of the boats from South Siam Divers, so maybe there is some truth there as well..

the diving? hmm..not bad at all - will post a trip report in a few days...
most importantly - the water temp was above 28 on every single dive...
cheers

Recently returned from 2 weeks in Thailand. While there we dived the Similans on The Junk and it was fantastic! We also did Hin Duang and Hin Muang but didn't enjoy it was much as the Similans. Absolutely gorgeous diving and the boat was great. The Junk is around 100' long and carried the maximum divers during our trip of 17. The food was excellent, the crew was the best and the divemasters perfect. It doesn't get any better than that! Can't wait to go again.

You do get what you pay for, although I imagine those who stay in Patong chasing hookers get a bit more than that. Penicillin, it appears, doesn't cure everything.

Ringo:
Do you mean Dracula the black one or the fat Ginger? If so they are both well and eating us out of home.

Hey Ringo, Do you now of any good massage therapists in Phuket? or Bangkok? Looking for a traditional Thai Massage...

KOMPRESSOR:
For what it's worth, I've heard some strong recommendations for these guys:

logo.gif

http://www.scandinavian-divers.com/

viking-specs.jpg

"Viking of the Orient"
I've been informed today that the Viking is no longer operating and the boat is for sale. As I was booked on it in March I'm not very happy. I'm now open to ideas of other options between March 19th - March 26th.

Kim:
I've been informed today that the Viking is no longer operating and the boat is for sale. As I was booked on it in March I'm not very happy. I'm now open to ideas of other options between March 19th - March 26th.
More fallout from the tsunami?

I'd give Batfish a pm, or visit his site as it lists many options for SI LAB,

http://www.divetheworldthailand.com/thailand-liveaboard-anggun-information.htm

MoonWrasse:
More fallout from the tsunami?
Last season it was because of the tsunami. This season it's supposedly because they didn't pick up enough trade when they started up again in December. It's sad really because that's twice I have been booked with them, and twice it's fallen through. It seems a strange way to do business if you ask me! The problem now is that I'm getting rather late to book other things and the flights already paid for so can't be changed.

Back
Top Bottom