Most romantic thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I asked my wife to marry me I did the traditional (boring) thing, nice restaurant, one knee, etc. When I picked her up that evening I gave her a single long-stem rose, and I kneeled on a purple handkerchief (her favorite color).

I saved the handkerchief and rose, and on the first anniversary of our wedding I gave her a shadow box I had made that had the handkerchief as the background, the dried and preserved rose, a miniature ‘menu’ with the name of the restaurant and what we each had for dinner, and a little brass plaque that said, “She Said Yes!”

She liked it.

I thought this was such a good thread it might be time to resurrect it. There must be some new ones by now.
MINE TO START IT OFF AGAIN.
I was going into hospital for cancer surgery and my wife was very worried and upset even though we did not talk about it much. So I ordered a dozen red rose's to be delivered to her at the hospital whilst I was in surgery along with a letter telling her everything would be ok and how much I loved and appreciated her. I remember coming to that evening and after telling me everything had gone well she thanked me for the rose's with tears in her eyes.
She still tells people about it three years later.

My hubby isn't romantic at all. he has not one romantic bone in his body..please! but, he does work hard so we can travel at least 4-5 times a yr. and for me to not have to worry about any spending cash while away. he also pays for a maid for us to clean etc. and that is good enough for me.

hubby, romantic.... i havent seen it.

one year for my birthday he gave me his version of sexy lingere.... a zeagle BCD.

there i was in the living room, expecting diamonds earings and opening a huge zeagle box (still expecting earings).

hubby saying "put it on honey... now turn around and show me, turn around again... oh you look so good!"

i didnt even get a marriage proposal... but thats another story!

A handwritten love poem in a simple silver frame.

I'm having a romance famine here. [sniff. sniff. ] Keep those examples going. I'm sure that someday I'll be able to produce a whopper of a story...and it had better have a diving theme!

cdiver2:
I thought this was such a good thread it might be time to resurrect it. There must be some new ones by now.
MINE TO START IT OFF AGAIN.
I was going into hospital for cancer surgery and my wife was very worried and upset even though we did not talk about it much. So I ordered a dozen red rose's to be delivered to her at the hospital whilst I was in surgery along with a letter telling her everything would be ok and how much I loved and appreciated her. I remember coming to that evening and after telling me everything had gone well she thanked me for the rose's with tears in her eyes.
She still tells people about it three years later.

Sniffling, Cdiver2, that was so sweet and considerate of you. Now that is true love! Me, like some others, nothing here to brag about. He couldn't even remember my Birthday. I think the Internet is one of the biggest issues with relationships nowadays. I know for sure it has ruined ours. Sleepless in Tenn.

My boyfriend used to come to college and pick me up and bring me home each Fri. for the weekend. One Fri, instead of taking me home, he took me to the square in our town. He looked at his watch and then took me into the jewelry store on the square. The owners saw him come in, pulled out a small box and handed it to him. He handed me the box and asked if it would be acceptable to me as he didn't have much money and he had been paying on this ring for several weeks. The owners stayed late to size the ring for me so I could have it that evening.

That was 25 yrs ago and we just celebrated 22 yrs of marriage.

almitywife:
one year for my birthday he gave me his version of sexy lingere.... a zeagle BCD. ....and opening a huge zeagle box
Hey!!??!! When I owned a Zeagle - that was romantic! Or am I just weird? :D

Kay:
I have a good romantic story. I had been dating this guy only a short time. He called and asked if I'd like to go get pizza. I said sure. He asked how much free time I had, I said several hours. He picked me up and started driving south. After about 45 minutes, I asked him where we were going. He said, "Providence. It's the best pizza." Providence is 80 miles away from here. Is that fun or what?!
I guess if he had really been serious, he would have gone down to Newport where they actually do have the greatest pizza in the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom