most of my gear stolen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

astrofunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm sad to report that someone broke into my garage this weekend and stole most of my scuba gear (not to mention camping gear, bikes, and whole helluva lot of booze left over from my wedding). The full list of stolen stuff is impressively long, but the big ticket items are:

1 apeks DST/TX50 doubles reg kit, scubapro SPG, rigged DIR-style
1 scubapro mk25/s550 stage reg kit, halcyon SPG
1 scubapro mk25/r390 stage reg kit, halcyon SPG
1 argon inflation kit
1 salvo 10w HID primary light (my name's inside)
1 oxycheq raider 3 backup light
1 salvo AL backplate
1 halcyon SS backplate
1 xcel 7/8/9 mm one-piece wetsuit
1 oceanic versa pro wrist-mount dive computer
1 legendary save-a-dive kit in a red plastic toolbox, including a DIN transfill whip, DIN pressure checker, din-to-yoke converter, tools, hardware, and all manner of amazing odds and ends built up over 10 years of diving...

They took all the little stuff, too: jet fins, mask, custom otter bay hood, wet notes, spools, SMB, dive knife, endless double enders. (On the other hand they left me my drysuit undies -- probably because, ahem, they don't smell great.) I have serial numbers for some of this stuff, and I often marked up bits of my kit with yellow electrical tape.

I'm in Oakland. I'm asking folks to please keep their eyes peeled for a bonanza of scuba gear being unloaded on ebay, craigslist, or at your local flea market, garage sale, etc. And please pass the word.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Why do bad things happen to good people? :idk:

Sorry for the loss of your loved ones :shakehead:

I will keep my eyes open. What kind of bikes too? They may be easy to spot on CL.

Thanks all.

What kind of bikes too? They may be easy to spot on CL.

Good point:

My wife's bike was a Bianchi touring bike, aqua green with pannier rack.
My bike was a black Trek 7300, serial wtuf0430163.

Do you live in North Carolina or Bonaire? If not it can't happen! so relax it was only borrowed and I am sure it will be returned!

All kidding aside, I am sorry to hear it, but it happens a lot! Hope you notified all the LDS with as much info as possible! Also check Craig's List and local swap meets! It is hard for these guys to get money for dive gear as the used market is cheap! Good luck!

Why do bad things happen to good people? :idk:

Sorry for the loss of your loved ones :shakehead:

I will keep my eyes open. What kind of bikes too? They may be easy to spot on CL.

Because it rains on the just and the unjust alike!

damn sorry to hear about this, I really hope you get your stuffs back

Steve,

So sorry, that's tragic! I really hope your insurance floats the cost of brand new shiny gear ;-).

I'll keep an eye out on ebay & craigs list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom