Morrison Springs this Saturday 4/22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was going to take my fishing pile and sit on the tree at Morrison and try to catch some fish. Spearfishing is illegal.

2006 regs now makes it illegal to harvest freshwater fish by any means while underwater swimming

I've been told there is another entrance into Morrison, know anything about this? I've only been diving it for 1.5 years and haven't run into anyone who knew about it personally...

ScubaKris:
hmm cleanup, hard to do at Morrison.

I search it with a metal detector.

I lost my strobe screw knob there in October, if you're just really bored or just happen to luck up on it. Be glad to trade you a beer for it if you find it :)

ScubaKris:
Where were you diving when you lost the screw??

At Morrison somewhere in the basin, outside the cavern. If you were standing "on shore" in the parking area and looking to where the "funnel" is that you enter the cavern, I lost it somewhere to the "left" of that.

Seriously, I don't expect it to be easily found, so I was just kinda joking.. :)

ScubaKris:
????? entrance to Morrison??? All I know of is the park, boat ramp or river

Just what I heard once, don't even remember from who. I can't confirm though...

Are you talking about the lower cavern, past the sign? There is nothing in the basin or the upper cavern. I have been over them many times. I was over them a few hours ago the only thing I found there was a fishing lure. On the ridge I did find another dive weight today. It was a new Sea Pearls, 5 pounder with an H in a circle on the back.

I went over at about 3:30 P.M. today. The place was a zoo. There was a shop there with about 20 divers for cert. Then 6 boats showed up for launch plus many a house wife with afterschool kids. In the morning they will do a PC boat dive. They were betting on missing the weekend crowd, Maybe why I have not been running into them on the weekend. I'm not sure which shop it is, I have seen them there before. It is the one with a white trailer with the Harley logo.

Some diver there told me they hit the Panama City Jetties last weekend, a little cloudy, but good. They had a good night dive. Anyone planning on diving it, he told me his friend dumped a weight belt there last weekend.

I'll probably hit Morrison in the A.M., Vortex night Friday and Saturday? Probably take the canoe up Cypress Saturday and/or Sunday.

I'm going out to fill a tank, then possibly change compressor oil

Not talking about either of the cavern openings in the basin. I was told there was another opening somewhere in the spring run or in the marsh/woods nearby that led into Morrison's cave. It was third hand info to begin with... from I don't remember who...

I'm about 80% sure that I can make the dive at Morrison on Saturday. I hope to be able to get there early but my daughter and son-in-law are leaving that morning to be stationed in Nevada for four years. I don't know yet when they plan to leave or if they want to say goodbye Friday night.

Are you going to try for two dives? Maybe one down the run?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom