Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike laid down the law? Ohh I'm getting worried about what the world is coming to!!!

:wink:

So is Morrison Springs officially open or is everyone just going there?

It is not open, as of last weekend anyway. You must slip in at the boat ramp where it is posted no swimming or diving.

It is not open, as of last weekend anyway. You must slip in at the boat ramp where it is posted no swimming or diving.

Don't forget; that was posted on the left side of the ramp.
On the right side of the ramp, the sign said, Drinking, Swimming, Diving allowed at boat ramp.
:rofl3:
Actually, if it never opened would be fine. I can go up the run like we did last weekend. That might limit the use of the spring to just divers and the occasional fisherman. You wouldn't have to deal with crowds at the park. Selfish? Yeah, but I could live with that. :D

Actually me and 500bar just parked in the lot and walked in. We geared up at the car and took a little walk. Not too difficult at all. There was a class there using the pavilion. The bathrooms are locked and the water is still off at the shower area.

Carolyn:shark2:

The main entrance. The gate was closed, but you could still walk right in. I just don't know why they still have it closed. But then that's the state for you.

Carolyn:shark2:

I believe there are laws against operating a public facility with no provisions for bathrooms. I know building codes require a certain number of bathrooms based on occupancy. ADA considerations also have to be taken into account on any new structure so that can be a holdup in some areas also. Perhaps not in this case though...

I believe there are laws against operating a public facility with no provisions for bathrooms. I know building codes require a certain number of bathrooms based on occupancy. ADA considerations also have to be taken into account on any new structure so that can be a holdup in some areas also. Perhaps not in this case though...

The bathrooms are built and the water is working.... BigKen posted a picture somewhere of where the showers were working.

However, they've turned the water off.

Seems they've been planning this for 3 years now and no one did the permit paperwork in advance for the Health Department, etc to get the well water tested and permitted for use... (This from the county themselves. They told me the hold up was some last minute electrical and that the water wasn't working. I told them the showers were on, then he told me that "well we don't have the permits yet back from the health department").

I'm sure they meet ADA requirements on the bathrooms as part of their initial plan with the boardwalk was for it to be ADA friendly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom