Morrison Springs FYI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKris:
Just did some checking, Vortex was bought, new owners registerd the deed 7/10/06 https://www.myfloridacounty.com/serv/MyFloridaCounty/ORI/Order You can view it here. James T. and Vicki Smith bought it. They "sold" the property"James L Schimdt group is handling it 1234 Airport Rd uite 118 Destin Fl 32451, if anyone wants to call and get info. There is no point in calling. This is not a public entity and they do not need to provide any information.Did anyone say, if or when they would stop dive operations

How do you know this is the deed for Vortex?

There is a possibility that the Smiths created a trust in which to put the land and the spring. This is often times done for estate planning purposes.

Three year transition. If indeed a new entity has purchased the property, there is likely an agreement for the current operators to continue to operate it for three years at which time the new owners will do what they see fit.

Keep in mind that "Condos" are simply a form of ownership. So if "condos" are built on the property don't think of what you see along the beach or in more populated areas. They could be cabins that are like quadrplexes. A "cabin" owner would then own the intior of the cabin. The Condo Association would own the walls and other common area.

There has also been talk about a wildlife park going in near Chipley. So it might not be quite as strange to have "condos" at vortex as it might sound.

heh.. that's humorous... the "Vortex Condo Association". Will more likely be the "Vortex Shack Asscociation".

They are nice folks and all there and it's a nice place to give your gear a fresh water rinse, but the time I stayed in their "accomadations", shack (or dump) was more fitting term.

I found their accommodations quite exemplary, myself. Then again, you can probably find other similarly grassy, reasonably lump-free plots of lawn if you look hard enough. ($20 for a parking space and a half, per night, makes my rent look cheap.)

How do you know this is the deed? Vortex Spring web page lists Vortex Spring Inc. A search of the Florida Division of Corporation has a Vortex Spring Inc. Three officer / directors are listed Denzel J. Dockery, Ruth E. Dockery and Connie Taylor.

Where do the Smiths some in?

You can go to the county tax appraiser site as well. They did not actually sell Vortex, it is just listed unde some properties. Dockery has been very active throughout the state in land sales. He bought one a couple fo years back for back taxes, $728.00. The land he sold was 46 acres of pasture and about 9 of timber for $106,000, He bought it in 73 for $100.

i could not make out the map very well, it is about 1/2 mile East of 81 and North of a unnamed road. Looks North of Ponce De Leon and South Of Vortex, Possibly the land where the go kart area is.

On the appraiser site you can pull up a map. If there were any building on it you would be able to pull up their skecths

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom