More active used market due to supply chain issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Tracy,

I don't need any more tanks, nor do I want to get rid of any that I have. However, every now and then I consider purchasing a tank of a different size than I own. What is the most economical way of shipping a cylinder?

TIA,

Couv
He’s probably not the one to ask!

Hi Tracy,

I don't need any more tanks, nor do I want to get rid of any that I have. However, every now and then I consider purchasing a tank of a different size than I own. What is the most economical way of shipping a cylinder?

TIA,

Couv
You aren't allowed to ship bare product with any of the carriers anymore, I used to just drain the tank and slap a label on it. They got tired of people and companies shipping bare tires and getting everybody and everything dirty. I typically drain them, wrap them in cardboard, and then shrink wrap them.
I get the best rates from Fedex, UPS is usually about $10-20 more per cylinder. USPS is cheapest for Alaska and Hawaii.
Doubles are a unique challenge. most sizes wind up being overweight and it is cheaper to break them down and ship separately. If they are light enough, I put them in a garbage bag, spray great foam in a box, put the doubles in, and then foam the top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom