Monterey on Saturday (3/7)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg,

Do I need a prescription to get that med? I'm not sure I read the article correctly but it says Meclizine requires prescription.

MG

Hey gang, I'm really enjoying the thread, especially with regard to the exchange between "the Mikes" about the boat dive. I would love Mike G, (and Mike M) to list their photo gear in a nutshell, especially the strobe setup. I have purchased a camera housing for my Panasonic Lumix TZ 5 and I need to get an appropriate flash to get the best possible pictures.

I am planning to bring my Boston Whaler down for an extended dive mini vacation during the summer, and will be looking for some buddies to do boat dives. By the way, every time I've posted or responded to a post here, I've hooked up for a dive. I wish I lived closer!!

Bonine, I believe, is the same active ingredient as Dramimine (if I am not mistaken). It will work, but makes you sleepy. Best to try it out at home before taking it while diving. Mark and I take a full dose the night before diving, and then only a 1/2 tablet the day we dive. That generally works, although it is not foolproof. As well, if you start to feel sick: (1) steer clear of the boat's exhaust and (2) keep your eyes on the horizon, preferably on a fixed point like a tall hotel.

Bonine and Dramamine less drowsy formula have the same ingredient Meclizine. The regular Dramamine's active ingredient is Dimenhydrinate, which makes me sleepy.

Thanks Mike... ouch. I hope I can get a good flash to make my cheapie setup work. Nice pics ain't cheap!

Blewgrass,

I use the Sealife Digital Strobe as it quickly will adapt to any brand digital camera. I have a Canon SD 800is with Canon underwater housing. The strobe is waterproof down to 200ft while my case is rated only to 130ft.

My camera is well equipped to change from video to picture at just a click. I run a Ultra II SDHC 8GB memory stick. That gives me 15 mb/sec which is plenty fast for downloading my video to my laptop. Memory chips are dirt cheap now and I only paid $30 bucks for mine at Walmart.

At 8 GB of memory my camera will give me 68 minutes 2 secs of recording time.

Here is a video shot I did with Mike Mill at Firerock; 38 minutes of bottom time at 79ft with 53.6 F degrees.

YouTube - Fire Rock Carmel, CA

Thanks Mike... ouch. I hope I can get a good flash to make my cheapie setup work. Nice pics ain't cheap!
Well I went with a camera that I feel I'll be growing into for awhile as I still have a lot to learn about photography (and scuba) in general.

That is a nice set-up Mike.

All you need now is a real Photographer to work it...:rofl3:

Did you lose anymore of your shorts latley...:popcorn:

I'm learning, I'm learning :D The question is do I take the UW Photography specialty or not? I could use a new card :p And I kept all my clothes this time :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom