Money-no-object reg; what would get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic stainless steel.

the K

Scubapro MK25/S600. I have 3 of them. The titanium version is nice but I need to use higher than 40% 02. I purchsed a MK25/A700 about a month ago but I still like the S600 better.

For single tank diving :
Mares MR22T Abyss for overall performance (big flow at any depth !), proven record (101 divers breathing simultaneously from the same first stage, been to 313 meters underwater with Mark Elyatt), robustness/no no-sense gimmicks, less-dry-mouth effect (metal second), and EASE of servicing (BTW for this last criterion Poseidon would come last on my wish list). I own several of them.

Twinset diving (or with an H or Y valve) :
Scubapro Mk17/G250V for ease of routing (though otherwise I prefer the Abyss).
I also own several of them.
Maybe a MR12T/Abyss combo would do fine as well for me. The MR12 is a good reg albeit with not as enormous flow as the MR22.
(BTW you can easily adjust the IP with a Mk11 but not so easily with a Mk17 ; I believe that with the right second stage, eg a G250V, the Mk11 wouldn't be so bad for quite cold water diving - but I'm not talking about ice diving).

Otherwise maybe the Scubapro A700 is a nice metal second but I didn't test it. For cold water diving the G250V (and probably the A700) and also the Abyss are much better than the Scubapro S600 with its plastic barrel.

I don't know about Jessica Alba - didn't test as well. I've seen "real" pictures of some famous stars (I mean without Photoshop corrections - I'm not talking about Jessica Alba though :)) and, well, I prefer my wife.

I have always had Cyclones myself and they have been bullet proof. More reliable than the jetstreams and extreams my buddies have had and got rid of. I pal has an XTX200 and that is a nice piece of kit too.

I don't know about Jessica Alba...I prefer my wife.
I guess this is the most glaring example of confirmation bias :wink: that we have in this thread, but it's certainly not the only one. :D With that in mind, if money were no object, I'd select the regulators I have: Atomic M1s. I paid retail for them--about $700 each at the time--so I wasn't very cost conscious. I preferred them to the even more extravagant titanium regulators offered by Atomic because I didn't want to have to limit the O2 in my mix to 40% and because they are environmentally sealed for cold water. And because some consumption is just a little bit too conspicuous, even for me. At the time I was influenced by published reviews, Atomic's reputation, the 2-year service recommendation, and the fact that it is an American company.

On a somewhat related note, I would prefer Jessica Alba to my girlfriend, my ex-wife in her prime, and to all the other women that I know or am likely to meet. Like the regulator decision, though, you never really know until you've had a chance to compare it in real-life conditions.:wink:

Last edited:
Try friends regs from a local club. This really goes to all equipment choices. What works for one may not for another.

Good luck in your eventual choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom