Molded Delrin Finger Spools.....$15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit:
Out of curiosity I ran a 4 pound package through both the USPS and UPS website calculators with your zip as the originating and mine as destinating. USPS was $7.45 and UPS was $11.54. The postal service works with businesses, you could contact your local post office and have someone come out and tell you about what services they offer to businesses. I know they do a lot with eBay sellers.
Ber :lilbunny:
Yea, I notice a lot of businesses offering priority mail from USPS now. It's funny because they have UPS as the default which leads customers to think it's the cheapest, but if you the select USPS priority mail it is usually cheaper... maybe only by a few cents, but still cheaper.

Chris

I think they are finally shipping!!!!1
Cant Wait
J

Just got an email mine is on the way.

I just found this deal by chance after ordering from these guys a few weeks ago. I added 3 spools to the 1 I had on order. They modified my order no problem and hooked me up! Great to deal with! Thanks Dive Sports!

My shipment has arrived. UPS man just left. Receipt with box 3 for $45, as promised. :D

Missdirected:
My shipment has arrived. UPS man just left. Receipt with box 3 for $45, as promised. :D

Nice! Mine will be here Monday. Now I need to just get out and go diving......................

I just got one each of the two spools. one 100' and one 160'.

Here's a report on them:

I'm planning on taking the line off one of them and replacing it with something like 25' of parachute cord to use to deploy a safety sausage to float to the surface on liveaboard trips to do the 3min safety stop from. This reel should be perfect for it because I can just clip it to the saftey sausage.

They seem to be made of pretty tough construction. They are just like the Dive Rite ones (or better) but only half the price. If I handed you the Dive Rite one and this one, you most likely wouldn't be able to tell which is which.

They are the same except the 160' model is about 1/4" to 3/8" wider and thicker than the 100' model. Both had the brass clips/snaps on them.

As for strength, I weigh about 225lbs and I stood on it and rocked back and forth and it had no effect on it. So they are pretty strong. I don't think you could break one with your hands if you tried. You'd still have a hard time breaking it with a hammer.

He's still got a few left if you still want to order some.
http://www.divesports.com/mall/divesports_acc_fingerspoolSPC.asp

Hope that helps everyone.

-Mike

do they have to be the same size? i tried to order 2 @ 100' and 1 @ 160' and the next page was a SHIPPING CHARGE page....

Back
Top Bottom