Modified W200.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I currently have some W200's modified and ready to sell. Some of these have been dived a few times but are still in really good condition.

2 W200 R2 aspherics running 2x 18650 Li Ion. $240nz each
1 W200 R2 stock reflector running 2 x 18650 Li Ion's $220nz
1 W200 R4 with LXP 18mm optic from Cutter running 2x 18650 Li Ions $240nz
1 W200 P7 with KD 3 mode 2.8 amp driver stock reflector 2 x 18650 Li Ion batteries. 90 min run time on full. $340nz

Shipping is $15nz or $50 tracked.

I can also do other custom mods EG
W200 R4 LXP optic running 3 AA's $200nz
W200 MC-E running 175ma,350ma,525ma or 700ma per die. 350ma seems best giving a bright widish beam and 3 hours run time. $350
W200 SST-50 aspheric running 2.8amp 3 mode driver and 2 x 18650 Li Ions. POA

The R2's and R4's running Li Ion have the benifit of running at full power with do dimming for the entire run time which is about 2 hours when used constantly or close to 3 when used in 30 minute runs.

Finally had a chance to try my W200 R2 with the 5.7* Asphiric lens in pretty dark condidtions (overcast, in thick kelp forest) and I (and dive buddy) was very impressed at .. how bright it is, and how tight the beam is .. looks tighter than any LED light I've seen, like HID tight :)
Was perfect for shining just below/in front of him in a trailing single file formation required by the kelp

One thing, is after the third dive it would not turn off, found it leaked a small amount, took it and washed it out in the sink and then let it dry .. still works :)
(it may have been because at one point I found myself twisting it the wrong way to turn it on .. oops)

Last edited:
since this thread was resurrected....

This Dorcy light has been discontinued and the company is redesigning it.

They did discontinue the Dorcy 180 light. but it was replaced by the Dorcy 220 light, which is pretty much the same except for it's 40 lumens brighter.

Finally had a chance to try my W200 R2 with the 5.7* Asphiric lens in pretty dark condidtions (overcast, in thick kelp forest) and I (and dive buddy) was very impressed at .. how bright it is, and how tight the beam is .. looks tighter than any LED light I've seen, like HID tight :)
Was perfect for shining just below/in front of him in a trailing single file formation required by the kelp

One thing, is after the third dive it would not turn off, found it leaked a small amount, took it and washed it out in the sink and then let it dry .. still works :)
(it may have been because at one point I found myself twisting it the wrong way to turn it on .. oops)

Lot of people seem to like the aspheric lens, not me. I find there is not enough spill light, so if I were buying again I'd choose the reflector.

Adam

you can change the length of the green spacer , not sure which way but a little experamenting ether way should show whats up ...
I'm looking for mine that would change it from 5.7* to 10* so I can give you an idea
.. Packhorse said he likes the 10* spread most

Found it .. included in the bag with an O ring are two spacers ... one is 1/2" and another is 1/8" ... I do not know what or where the small 1/8th is used, maybe in conjuction with the 1/2" spacer ....

Last edited:
I currently have some W200's modified and ready to sell. Some of these have been dived a few times but are still in really good condition.

2 W200 R2 aspherics running 2x 18650 Li Ion. $240nz each
1 W200 R2 stock reflector running 2 x 18650 Li Ion's $220nz
1 W200 R4 with LXP 18mm optic from Cutter running 2x 18650 Li Ions $240nz
1 W200 P7 with KD 3 mode 2.8 amp driver stock reflector 2 x 18650 Li Ion batteries. 90 min run time on full. $340nz

Shipping is $15nz or $50 tracked.

I can also do other custom mods EG
W200 R4 LXP optic running 3 AA's $200nz
W200 MC-E running 175ma,350ma,525ma or 700ma per die. 350ma seems best giving a bright widish beam and 3 hours run time. $350
W200 SST-50 aspheric running 2.8amp 3 mode driver and 2 x 18650 Li Ions. POA

The R2's and R4's running Li Ion have the benifit of running at full power with do dimming for the entire run time which is about 2 hours when used constantly or close to 3 when used in 30 minute runs.

I'm wondering if you have any lights with a single 18650 cell?

Adam

I now use a cut down W200 with a XP-G LED and reflector and single 18650 cell.

I like the the smaller size and the 3 modes, 100%, 10% and strobe.
It runs at a constant brightness then slowly dims down as the cell gets flat.

But my latest creation is a W200 with a Cree XM-L LED and aspheric lens.
12,000 lux 900+ produced lumen 1.5 hour run time on high, 100% 50% and 10% modes.
Will post some pics later.

Reactions: D_B
yes, pictures needed :)

The main reason I went with your regular sized W200 mod was burn time on the two cells over a single and the longer barrel is better for securing it to a BC strap ... I did like the smaller size of the single cell but function won out over form

ML.jpg

W200 short body. Takes a single 18650 Li Ion and is 65mm shorter than a standard W200
XPGW100.jpg

XP-G LED with a reflector
XREW200.jpg

XR-E LED with an aspheric lens
XMLW200hi.jpg

XM-L LED with an aspheric lens.

All beam shots done with the same camera settings.

Back
Top Bottom