Modified W200.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are these available yet? I have been using an IST I got from you a couple of years ago (a couple hundred dives and it still works great) as a backup but maybe I need to order a replacement.

Some are ready to go now ( 2 XP-G's and 2 MC-E's).
Other I will make up when they are ordered.

I'd be interested in hearing more information about the single cell lights. I'd prefer reflector as the aspheric has too little spill light for my liking.

What is the lumen brightness, duration, size and cost. Also what's the difference between the two LEDs?

Adam

OK, Single 18650 versions can be ordered with any power level from 350ma up to 1400ma XP-G ( thats 450+ lumen)
or up to 2800ma for MC-E, P7, SST-50 or XM-L LED's ( out of these I recommend XM-L) in 350ma steps.

As a rough guide run time is 2400ma/ power level. So if you choose 1050ma then you will get just over 2 hours run time. But in reality it actual works out a bit different. You will probably get 1.5 hours at full brightness then another 1.5 or more as the light slowly dims down.

XP-G will give you a tight centre spot with spill. Other LED's will give you larger spots with spill.

XP-G and XM-L are the most efficient.

Length is 65mm shorter than a standard W200 so 200mm-65= 135mm. Width of head is 40mm ( From memory).

Last edited:
damn you packhorse ... how much is the W200 with XM-L LED with an aspheric lens?

Reactions: D_B
The XM-L version is $250nz + batteries and charger that you can get for about $20US.

You could have a single 18650 version of it but if you chose a high power level its run time would be reduced. Example would be running it at 2.8 amps the run time at full brightness would probably be 30 minutes while the 2 x 18650 version would be 90 minutes or so.
Of course there is always the option of running it at 1050ma and getting over 2 hours run time from a single 18650.

As noted above there is more work in a single 18650 W200..... BUT I have one here almost ready to go. Tell me what current you want going to it and I will finish it off in the next 2 days and cost will be same as a standard W200 @ $250NZ

Going off the CREE XP-G datasheet.....
350ma=139 lumen 6 hour run time
700ma=+-250 lumen 3 hour run time
1050ma=+-350 lumen 2 hour run time

I can also make it 3 mode. 100%, low( I think its 10 or 20%) and strobe(100%)

What would you guess the lumen of the 200 is?

I answered that in the post above for the XP-G but of course different LED's driven at higher current will be more.
Example the Cree XM-L driven at 3 amps puts out about 1000 lumen.
The driver I use with it in the W200 body is 2.8 amp so still 900 lumen +.
The MC-E will put out less but I can use a different type of driver with it and as a result it gets much longer run times as it will run at full power then slowly dim down as the battery goes flat. With the driver I use for the P7 or XM-L it runs at full power then turns off ( after a few battery warning level flashes).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom