Mo2vation MARCH 25th, '06 Boat Dive planning thread - Pacific Star

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The folks over at the Pacific Star are OK with having a few people who have a long way to drive from places like Orange County, San Diego and Ventura spending the night on the boat. As Sonja has explained this to me, this is actually a day trip and they don't expect everyone to show up the night before. They are not really set up for it and they are not really expecting it.

A week or two ago, I agreed not to post on ScubaBoard that it was OK to spend the night. She said that it was fine to let people know individually that it would be OK, if they asked me.

In the past, they have had bad experiences with people coming on board the night before. People have gone out partying at the bars in the area and come onto the boat drunk. Others have gone through the refrigerators on the boat and consumed the food and drink which was intended for the next day's dive trip.

I have assured them that we are a very respectful group and that they would not see any of that kind of behavior from our group. Keep in mind that they don't really know us as a group and that this will be the first time they have dealt with a boat full of ScubaBoard members.

I had planned to come down on Friday night and have dinner with many of you and spend the night on the boat. However, given that I'm not all that far from the boat (about an hour's drive), I'm just going to treat this like one of our local beach dives. I'll just get up at 4:30am and come out on Saturday morning instead. I should be there by about 6am.

That said, I do look forward to having dinner with some of you on Saturday night when the boat gets back in from what I'm sure will be a fantastic day of diving.

I'll see you all on Saturday morning!

Christian

Praetor:
(At the risk of speekin' for my dear friends)

Debbie, make that a table with extra chairs for Rick, Teresa, Josh, I, Ted, and Im sure s'more. . .

I'm not going to make it out Friday night this time. Like Headhunter I'll be getting up early Saturday.

Saturday night dinner after the boat sounds great :D

Praetor:
Josh and Rick are gonna hafta dive with their own dang selves. . .

. . . . I diving with "master o' bouyancy" Ted.

Folks, this is going to be an utter blastt!

I think we'll manage :wink:

lrdcn3:
well, i guess ill be sitting this one out unless someone cancels thier spot.
You better call and get on the boat.
Also, you would be the 25 SB'er which brings the price back down to $80/person.

Lexy:
Sorry Gang - I'm sick and have a terrible chest cold.
Sorry you can't make Lexy. Hope you get better soon.

I was never told by Sonya to keep it quiet about sleeping on the boat so I won't apologize for telling everyone! I'm glad that those who are far away all have the same info and opportunity to stay over.

I agree with Headhunter that we have a responsibilty to behave ourselves and I don't expect any trouble. I don't know all of you but the many I do know are first-rate kinds of people. No worries!

See you all Friday night or in the mornin'! I'm going to check out the water at Shaw's right now. I expect it to be cold but I hope to get a dive in!

Rickster:
Hey,

Do we need sleeping bags? or is there blankets?

Rick

Hey Rick (et al),

I have slept on the PacStar. Although they provide blankets and a pillow (and that may be adequate for some), I highly recommend a sleeping bag. I've tried each way and for me the sleeping bag works best.

The boat berths a couple hundred yards from many bars filled with young adults . The area can get noisy, however, you can hardly hear it if you're on the port side of the boat.

The bunks near the bow are roomy and sit in private curtained little rooms (big enough to move around, but don't try dancing with Tevis).

Capt. Dave, Sonja, their kids, and some of the crew may come on board the night before and they go to sleep pretty early. So, be respectful and as quiet as possible.

Lots of room for tanks and gear on the stern. It's nice coming the night before, bringing all your gear on board, and then sleeping comfortably through all the hustle the will occur in the morning.

I was on the PacStar last Sunday. Mentioned to Dave about ScubaBoard. Told him you're all a great bunch of divers. He mentioned that in the beginning Christian wasn't sure if ScubaBoard could fill the boat and that "WOW" there sure are a lot of people signed on. I think we can have some clout and a good reputation if this keeps up.

I'm going to miss you all and the diving.

I hope you all have fun.

Kevin

Ugh. . . .

Kevin, there will be a big gap between berths and cylinder holding areas where your "spirit" will be.

You will be sorely missed,

T

sorry lexi about your cold. you will be missed even tho i dont know you.

with that said, i just talked to sonja and im in :D

see you all fri night

kelphelper:
I was never told by Sonya to keep it quiet about sleeping on the boat so I won't apologize for telling everyone!
Debbie, you have nothing to apologize for, so it's good that you are not apologizing! :D

If they weren't clear (and I know they weren't) then they have to expect that we would share info via the Internet board that we are all members of!

I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Christian

Thanks Kevin, for all the info on the Pac Star.

We will see you guys on Saturday morning, bright and early:D We decided to just wake up and drive down. (actually, Mrs Rickster decided:wink: ) Josh, Christian, and I have plans Friday night........Just kidding:D
Figured we didn't want to pay Robert to hold a bunk for us.
:lol:
Sorry you can't make it Lexy. Hope you feel better.

Glad you got on board, Jason. (please leave the avitar at home)

This is going to be funnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Back
Top Bottom