Mo2vation MARCH 25th, '06 Boat Dive planning thread - Pacific Star

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are some (the ones that came out) of my pics from the trip:

thats_a_moray.jpg

Hermesinda.jpg

Gobi.jpg

eggs1.jpg

Nudis.jpg

Pretty much amateur hour on the pics, but hey, I'm a diver not a photographer!:D

nice picks robert, even tho the first one looks alot like my ex

kelphelper:
Hey, who left their weight bag on the boat?? PM me.

Is this the bag I thoughtfully valeted to your car (and back to the boat....?) :rolleyes:

Me so dum...

Great to see you again, Deb. I spoke with Arnaud - he says hi back.

Had a great time, all. I even found a new dive buddy. As adverse to change as I am, this is an event that occurs about as often as the Haley's comet comes around. So for me, this trip completely rocked. You rule RJP. Thanks, bud. OCal next time, OK?

---
Ken

PS a few pics - fuzzy from the resize, but you'll get the idea.

lrdcn3:
nice picks robert, even tho the first one looks alot like my ex
Looks like your kid got her looks from her then.:D

Loved it!! Loved the great day of diving with so many fun people!!

Kudos to Ken, Robert, and TopRatJohn for being wonderful dive buddies.
Scuba diving SoCal is great. Sharing the amazing discoveries, sights, and sensations with friends is just THE BEST!!

John, thanks for the sweet compliment :) It was fun finding all the cool Hopkins Rose nudibranchs! Your buoyance is spot-on, and your enthusiasm's gonna rocket you up the skills ladder. Enjoy each step of the voyage. There is no "there" there, just more wonderful paths to walk... or 'fin', as the case may be. You'll be doing S-drills and 'basic five' before you know it... Come on in! The KoolAid's fine!

Ken and Rob: You put the R in DIR... wow. Poetry in motion, guys! It was truly a pleasure to dive with you.

Thanks for all the fun laughs shared with everyone on the deck. What a celebration of unique and enthusiastic people!!

Major-MegaKUODOs to the C-man himself.. Thanks, Christian, for pulling together the Wrinkles Beach dives which brought many of us together and began the jolly discourse about the benefits boat-diving vs. beach-diving, which lead to the monthly mo2vation boat dives which lead to an entire year's worth of scheduled boat dives which plunked us all together on the Pacific Star yesterday! WHEW... ya just never know how big some seeds will grow.
Thanks, Christian, for planning the parties that we're all diggin' so much.. WOW!!

Thank you to Captain Dave, who drove us patiently around, seeking and finding the best possible dive conditions on a pretty challenging day. I heard reports today from some other pvt and commercial dive boats, and we dived the best conditions of all that I heard about.
It's always fun when "the gates are open"... but it's the skill of the skipper that determines the quality of the dives on tough days. David, you did great!! Thanks!

I can't wait for the next party... We'll have a great time April 22nd on the Sundiver.
Did someone say "reservations"? Get 'em while ya can :D .

Happy Diving,
Claudette

kelphelper:
Hey, who left their weight bag on the boat?? PM me.

See what happens when you youngins get old?

Beautiful beloved Debbie:

If it has 5x5 lbs. and 4x2 lbs. it is mine. in a gator bag,

Thanks 29 something looking Debbie.

To all, thank you for a wonderful day. I am utterly hooked and will see everyone again in two weeks. You all have become my second fan-damily.

Much warmth on this long surface interval until we meet again,

Tevis

Mo2vation:
Is this the bag I thoughtfully valeted to your car (and back to the boat....?) :rolleyes:

Me so dum...

Great to see you again, Deb. I spoke with Arnaud - he says hi back.

Had a great time, all. I even found a new dive buddy. As adverse to change as I am, this is an event that occurs about as often as the Haley's comet comes around. So for me, this trip completely rocked. You rule RJP. Thanks, bud. OCal next time, OK?

---
Ken

PS a few pics - fuzzy from the resize, but you'll get the idea.

Ken, you weren't the only one to valet the weights to my car... Roger did the same. I bet you guys really hated that my car was so far away and they weren't my weights. Thanks for the help with the items that did belong to me. :10:

Hey, did anyone else catch that Ken wants to come down to OCAL??? Jaye, check to see if Ken's got a fever!! Robb, that's the greatest compliment to you if Ken is offering to do a beach dive in OC.

Mo2vation:

Ken, my friend, you flatter me. I am most humbled. Thank you. You totally rock too. Though I cannot forget Claudette. You two have an amazing dynamic in the water and, at first, I felt bad for insinuating myself into it, but at the end of the day I was very happy with my choice of dive team mates for the trip. I can't wait to get you down here to show you some better sites than you have experienced in the past!:D

kelphelper:
Hey, did anyone else catch that Ken wants to come down to OCAL??? Jaye, check to see if Ken's got a fever!! Robb, that's the greatest compliment to you if Ken is offering to do a beach dive in OC.

I shall wait for the dive gods to smile on our lowly county and take a day off work to get him to love it here!:D

See you guys in the water!

Robb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom