Mo2vation MARCH 25th, '06 Boat Dive planning thread - Pacific Star

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got a firsthand report from the dive park and temp at depth there today was 55F. Nothin' scary about that, even diving wet! Also, does anybody know, if we're diving nitrox, should we bring an 02 clean tank?

wetrat:
Also, does anybody know, if we're diving nitrox, should we bring an 02 clean tank?

OK just answered my own question. Just saw Christian's initial post that they use partial pressure blending. That means we MUST bring an 02 clean tank to dive nitrox. It'll be great to see everyone, and meet some new folks too!

I just got a call from David Harvey, captain and owner of the Pacific Star. Actually, he was flat out irate with me.

He is upset that it looks like 10 people are planning to stay on the boat on Friday night.

He says that he does not have a problem with having someone from San Diego coming on board Friday night. He does not want people coming from as close as Santa Clarita, because as he put it, "Those people live closer to the boat than I do."

So, I am sorry to say that he has told me, "This is not the deal we have. You need to call your people and tell them that we are not open for business on Friday. We are open for business on Saturday at 6am."

My response to him was simple. I told him that I did not tell anyone that they could board the boat on Friday night and that it was his wife Sonja that told people that they could board the night before. I let him know that if she had not told anyone that they could board that no one would have assumed that this was OK. None of this confusion was necessary.

He said that he will call me in about 10 minutes (as soon as Sonja has time to give him the list of names) to let me know who is on this list of people staying over on Friday night. This was at my request so that I can get in touch with everyone and let them know that they are not welcome to board on Friday night.

So, thats the latest.

Christian

headhunter:
I just got a call from David Harvey, captain and owner of the Pacific Star. Actually, he was flat out irrate with me.

Well that makes my decision much easier. I'll be at the Best Western Galleria Inn if anyone still wants to grab dinner.

headhunter:
He does not want people coming from as close as Santa Clarita, because as he put it, "Those people live closer to the boat than I do."

You know you people from Santa Clarita have some nerve!!!
Oh wait, lol, guess I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning, lol
Do you think I could ask him for a ride? :D

no prob., i will then see how much a room nearby is going to cost instead.

sonja did say that i was able to stay on board but if theres going to be a problem, then i have no problem with waitting till sat morning to board.

Just got home, just got Jason's message, checked the board. Dear Debbie, wont be able to munch french fries with you, will get up bright and early and head down Saturday morning.

Where did gratitude for customers and customer service go?

Christian you do an exemplary job and are a gift to us divers, Im sorry that you had to put up with any attitude on our behalf.

Good night all,

I knew this was going to happen. Everyone bumrushin the boat like that. That is why we decided to just drive down at 3:00am in the morning. See everyone Sat.

christian, Sorry that you had to get that call. You do so much for us, and you try to make things workout great. We appreciate everything you do. Thanks

Rick

I'm head off to Redondo shortly, see everyone tomorrow morning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom