MK2 vs Conshelf 21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
If I was to keep only one 1st stage between my MK2 and my Conshelf 21, which one should it be and why?
I hate to get rid of anything but my anti hoarding gene has kicked in and it's once again time to purge stuff I don't use. I can only use one reg at a time and so many of them just sit.

What second stages are on the Mk2? I know my Conshelf 21 came with the crappy plastic ones but I switched those out years ago for 14's.

I would probably just keep both.

I use a 108 with my mk2 on a pony. I think everyone needs a mk2. I've got half a dozen conshelfs.

My wife has given up on me. :) I went down and got a Titan (conshelf) for her and my little girl so they won't feel like they are using dangerous antiques. After all, this is LIFE SUPPORT EQUIPMENT we are talking about here.

If you can hang on for a few weeks, I'll buy the conshelf from you, I've been meaning to get one. I could also trade a 2nd stage, but that doesn't exactly solve your clutter problem!

If you can hang on for a few weeks, I'll buy the conshelf from you, I've been meaning to get one. I could also trade a 2nd stage, but that doesn't exactly solve your clutter problem!
Oh man, this is real isn't it, I don't know if I can let go.
I'd rather get rid of my MK20.
Problem is I don't know if it's a brass piston or composite.
But I never use it so it's going to on the chopping block.

Eric the Conshelf is the better performing regulator of the two. That said the MK-2 has it beat for ease and cheapness of service. To overhaul the MK-2 you only need a filter, two o-rings and a $2 seat. To underhaul it just relube the rings (If still good) and flip the seat. However if you can Conshelf kits at a reasonable price then it is not much of an advantage.

Eric the Conshelf is the better performing regulator of the two. That said the MK-2 has it beat for ease and cheapness of service. To overhaul the MK-2 you only need a filter, two o-rings and a $2 seat. To underhaul it just relube the rings (If still good) and flip the seat. However if you can Conshelf kits at a reasonable price then it is not much of an advantage.
I've lubed up the MK2 a few times now and flipped the seat. It holds steady IP so no problems there. I can get a kit for it for $10. It needs a shim or two.
I went through the Conshelf and put in a kit about a year ago maybe two. I found one at North East Scuba Supply for about $30. Bryan has them for around $35 I think.
Yeah the Conshelf is probably a better performer at low tank pressure because it's balanced, but with a good balanced second stage who cares? As long as the 1st puts out 135-140, the second stage doesn't know what brand or type it is and could care less.

I decided I'm keeping both.
I have a bunch of other stuff I'm selling instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom