MK-17/g250hp Regulator Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MK17/G250HP is the most ideal cold water set among the SP regulators...
It is a very nice choice.... I plan to get it....

aaen:
I could e-mail them but considering I am located in Phoenix there is not muc point in buying Canada anymore, cause I won't be back there for a bit. Thanks though.

Sorry I thought my profiel had been updated , guess I forgot to.

Steve

I got my reg's from them and I'm in NY.

daniel f aleman:
A couple of comments. The MK17 is a state of the art 1st, and is the choice over the MK25 for cold water and technical applications. Two GP250's give you TWO primary 2nd stages, the GP250 dwarfs the capabilities of the R190; and the GP250 is a ten year-use regulator. Buying from leisurepro voids the Scubapro WORLDWIDE warranty. And some people, 99% of all divers, like using a console.

Right, I wasn't debating the performance of the MK 17 vs the MK25, only the price; the MK25 is a more expensive 1st stage. He didn't say that the price included 2 G250 second stages, or if he did I missed it. Granted having 2 G250s as primary and secondary 2nd stages would be nice, but my point is that many people use the unbalanced R190 as an alternate 2nd stage and it is, as I said, perfectly acceptable. It does have the advantage of being reliable to the point of almost never failing, which is terrific for an alternate that you might almost never use, but need to know it's ready in an emergency. Regarding the console use, believe me, 99% of divers would not prefer having a console to a wrist computer and SPG. There are several threads about this on the computer forum; check it out. Most divers who have used both prefer the wrist computer. I included the LP price not as a suggestion to buy it there, and I'm well aware of the warranty issues, but to illustrate that $1100 sounds pretty high to me for a MK17 G250.

Back
Top Bottom