MK-17/g250hp Regulator Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i wish regs were that cheap now, gear cost a fortune these days but I look at it as an investment. When I played rugby all the time it cost me probably 4-5g a year for the season with all the traveling my team did, as the local competition was not of sufficient caliber so we traveled alot. But still 40 bucks would be nice. Heck thats a movie and a snack these days for two people.

Yup Black Spruce, and Fredericton Loyalist, I also played for the Pacific pride(can U23) for one year but blew my knee out and decided it wasn't worth continuing on so i finished my engineering degree.

What team did you play for? Or were you a fan?

Steve

Austin Huns (club), Texas RFU (Section, 35 caps), Western RFU (Region, 14 caps); always fullback. And, I know what you mean about the costs of travel. In addition to the US, Prairie Provinces, and and Western Canada, I've made several club trips to the UK, France, and Ireland; and one biggie to South Africa in 1995. Our club went to Winnipeg for Ruck N' Roll for several years... yeah, we'll play anywhere...

Nice

Palyed Hooker/flanker/8man, although not in as good as shape as I once was, am working on it, dam work and the hours I work don't seem to allow me the time to get back in shape and have some what of a social life, which is currently pretty much non existant. Yeah the traveling costs of rugby aren't the cheapest with all the drinking and having fun. Not to mention a flight from my old stomping grounds was insane due to it not having a large airport and all.

Steve

I don't know about that price; leisurepro has the MK25 G250 for $400, and that's a more expensive reg. I assume you're getting an alternate 2nd stage and a console with that? Still, I'd balk at that price, but I paid $200 for my Mk15 G250 used, so what do I know. Plus, the console might be something you don't want anyways; just a SPG and a wrist computer might be a better way to go in the long run. Someone here might be able to post the MSRP for just the 1st and 2nd stage, which you could buy from them, then look elsewhere for an alternate and computer. You might save hundreds. The R190 would be a perfectly acceptable alternate, and it's not expensive. SPG should not cost more than $100, and then you'll have lots of money left over for a decent computer.

Yeah the 650 is a better 2nd stage for sure, but the mk-17 I can use for cold water diving, and not have to worry about it, yes I know I am currently residing in Phoeni, but that will be for only another year then I am off to god only knows where, and I want to be able to go to alaska and dive the glaciers and ice flows up there
. But I understand what you are saying as for buying off the internet I wouldn;t get the warranty for the regs otherwise i would buy it in a heart beat and save myself the hundreds.

The alternate I was looking at getting was another g250hp and a spg with depth gauge.
Steve

mattboy:
I don't know about that price; leisurepro has the MK25 G250 for $400, and that's a more expensive reg. I assume you're getting an alternate 2nd stage and a console with that? Still, I'd balk at that price, but I paid $200 for my Mk15 G250 used, so what do I know. Plus, the console might be something you don't want anyways; just a SPG and a wrist computer might be a better way to go in the long run. Someone here might be able to post the MSRP for just the 1st and 2nd stage, which you could buy from them, then look elsewhere for an alternate and computer. You might save hundreds. The R190 would be a perfectly acceptable alternate, and it's not expensive. SPG should not cost more than $100, and then you'll have lots of money left over for a decent computer.

A couple of comments. The MK17 is a state of the art 1st, and is the choice over the MK25 for cold water and technical applications. Two GP250's give you TWO primary 2nd stages, the GP250 dwarfs the capabilities of the R190; and the GP250 is a ten year-use regulator. Buying from leisurepro voids the Scubapro WORLDWIDE warranty. And some people, 99% of all divers, like using a console.

I could e-mail them but considering I am located in Phoenix there is not muc point in buying Canada anymore, cause I won't be back there for a bit. Thanks though.

Sorry I thought my profiel had been updated , guess I forgot to.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom