Mixing Apeks XTX50 2nd with another brand 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unsure of any corrosion issues with Hogs....

オーシャンテック
these guys will have the Dive Rite XT's and those are user rebuildable

Thanks for the link, they show a ton of shops for Dive Rite in Tokyo, good to know.

Searched Zeagle here as well, looks like their sole distributor is in Yokohama and only does BCDs.

I'd have to search for the thread about the HOG corrosion again, it was one specific part in the 1st (forget which now) that some tech(s) in the US were claiming was inferior metal to the original Apeks.

The decal on the 2nd stage adjustment knob of the HOG classic traps water and causes premature corrosion. I just pried them off the decal and no more problems.

Found the thread I was thinking of in regards to HOG corrosion, it was the 2nd stage, not 1st, apologizes for that.

My HOG Regs are Crap

Who knows if this is more than an isolated incident or not though, a lot of SB members really like them and I know many people service themselves so would imagine it would be pretty well known here if common.

Found the thread I was thinking of in regards to HOG corrosion, it was the 2nd stage, not 1st, apologizes for that.

My HOG Regs are Crap

Who knows if this is more than an isolated incident or not though, a lot of SB members really like them and I know many people service themselves so would imagine it would be pretty well known here if common.

Hmmm. I bought a few 2nd stage service kits with the regs and these came with orifices. I was wondering why it was included in the kit. Maybe there was indeed a bad batch of orifices and this was HOG's way to rectify the problem? I never had to replace my (hard) seats so far....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom