Mistakes you have made rushing into the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But you have to promise not to tell anyone else!

1. Forgot to turn on my air. I found out at about 15 ft on the way down. Done that.
2. In such a hurry to go lobstering that I forgot my gloves and tickle stick on the boat. Done that.
3. Forgot my fins. I left them on the dock. Done that.
4. Forgot my weight belt both on the boat and on the dock. Done that.
5. Forgot my mask. Also left it in my dive locker. Done that.

All the abouve were spread out over the last 950 or so dives so that's not too bad for me.

Remember now, YOU PROMISED!:boom:

Bill Engvall does this skit with "here's your sign" for stupid people

It starts out with Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid" That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops, never mind. I didn't see your sign." ...

Quick ... divers may be needing something similar <lol>

...of commonaltiy:

1) Incompletely closed drysuit zip
2) Disconnected inflators
3) Air not turned on
4) Forgotten instruments/knife etc.
5) Uncharged dive lights
6) Not filled cylinders

Duncan

Dry suit not hooked up

Air not turned on (on neither of my twins - dbl stoopid)

Begin descent, everything must be in place as I have something in my mouth, ooops it's a snorkel. Larf, my buddies peed their drysuits ! There is justice after all. :D

PADI Photo specialty Dive 2 ---- NO CAMERA

Now how dumb is that ?

I rest my case milud.

Hoppy (blushing furiously)

Happened before getting into the water but....

Standing on the boat doing buddy checks, just after myself and my friend certified, I go through the whole 'Blonde Women Really Are Fun' cycle and signal ok. He starts randomly checking things, First tank, then one restraint, then something else, so I stop him and say that I would rather he goes through the usual sequence so we both are sure we have checked everything.

He responds ' So would you like me to check your BCD before I tell you you have forgotten your weight belt ?'

It works though doesn't it Conor. (BWRAF)

I prefer SDI's ABCDEFG

For me..

DMing a OW class... no fins.

I am notorious for forgetting things.

TM and I are fun diving CSSP its an hour from my house. I forget my regs. He is nice enough to drive back with me and get them. We normally car pool and he was driving.

Pool day for DM class. No wet suit. Luckily instructor and I are real close to same size and he has a spare.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn bubbled: "It works though doesn't it Conor. (BWRAF)

I prefer SDI's ABCDEFG"

I know the BWARF, but haven't heard the SDI's ABCDEFG.

TwoBitTxn , would share it withn us?

Mike D

Not zipping up my 1/4" single piece wetsuit while diving in 50F water. I had my hooded bib on, my weights, bcd, went through my buddy check, waded into the water...

got to about my waist and took my face wetting knee bend like always and wooohooooo! LOL

1st dive of holiday in Nova scotia-- very excited to get in the good ole salt water. Talking to local divers while getting suited up and they expressed some concern we "Upper Canada" divers may not be cognizant of tides, bouyancy, etc. in the area. Assured them we were ready to rock and roll and finished gearing up. Husband had some difficulty getting on his boots and seemed to be struggling but figured his back was sore from the 18 hour drive. After an exhilerating but rather uncomfortable dive, while undressing we discovered he'd managed to force his boots onto the wrong feet.Natives too polite to mention mistake...
Darlene B

Back
Top Bottom