Mistakes you have made rushing into the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't blame you one bit on that one, Ben. I do the same thing with my car keys for shore diving, and it's just about inconceivable to de-rig when you're just about ready to go in the water. I think it would have to be something like a Reg or fins to get me out of my kit. I'd probably even try going maskless to avoid the hassle. :D

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Jumped in once without synching my Vytec wrist computer to the hoseless transmitter - even better, I was *fully* kitted up in the car park in Monterey, went to reach for my computer - it was still in the trunk, and the car keys were in my drysuit underwear pocket. I did the dive without the computer.

Im a smoker....its funny when you get out of the water after a 100ft plus dive and you look for your smokes....you wife quietly points to your hip...there sits a new pack of ciggs under your wet suit just waiting to be thrown out.
Matt

forgot my mask once:bonk:

GearHead once bubbled...
I've forgotten to attach my drysuit inflator hose a couple of times. It made for a nice squeeze at ~35fsw before I got it hooked up. :)

Did the opposite. Had the drysuit inflator on, but My buddy and I missed the fact that my BCD inflator was off.

Jumped into the water, couldn't float with my head above the water. Tried to fill my drysuit a bit, but the auto-release exhaust value keep letting air out so my head couldn't get out of the water.

Took me a minute or so to hook up the inflater hose.

I forget to connect my drysuit inflator hose about 1 dive in every 3.

During my AOW course I watched my instructor get into the water for the second dive of the day with his drysuit zip WIDE open, unfortunately someone else pointed it out to him before he got a suit full of water. :)

I had my car keys complete with remote in my swim suit pocket. I never noticed until it time to go home and I couldn't find my keys in my backpack where I usually leave them.

Small electronic devices and batteries do not like seawater much. :D

Marc :jester:

FLL Diver once bubbled...
Small electronic devices and batteries do not like seawater much. :D

Neither do large ones...

Scubaroo once bubbled...
I was *fully* kitted up in the car park in Monterey, went to reach for my computer - it was still in the trunk, and the car keys were in my drysuit underwear pocket. I did the dive without the computer.

You never thought that there would be other uses for a relief zipper in a drysuit

Got in the water twice and realized my air wasn't on. After a long snorkel to the dive site, tried to desend with my snorkel still in my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom