Minimum o-ring / o-rings / o ring / o rings set?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetman

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could give me complete list of orings that would be essential for a good save a dive kit. I just ordered a monster kit of orings (at quite a fantastic deal actually) so i should have many to pick and choose from. I'll be getting some viton ones separately for 02 clean yoke tank valves - but i'm thinking other orings here.

Thanks for your help.

steve

If it's of any use, I recently ordered the following from Reef Scuba for my save-a-dive kit based on my regulators and valves:

003 - HP hose SPG spool (viton)
010 - LP hose/2nd stage interface (viton)
011 - 3/8" LP port (buna/viton)
012 - 7/16" HP port (buna/viton)
013 - 1/2" LP port (viton)
014 - yoke valve (buna)
112 - DIN valve (viton)

The buna o-rings are not for personal use, rather to have on hand for other people - I don't want any buddies' potential lack of prepardness to screw my dives :) These o-rings cover the full set of o-rings external to the regulators that can be easily fixed at a dive site. An o-ring pick is a useful addition to the save-a-dive kit as well - some like the LP hose/2nd stage interface o-rign are near impossible to remove and replace without one. Also throw in some lubricant - I've switched to only using Christolube on regulator o-rings - it's expensive but a little goes a looooong way.

I actually ordered the buna-n from this page:

http://www.allorings.com/oring_kits.htm

Thought it was a good deal. Will round out the rest from mcmaster-carr i think in viton/buna-n if any are missing. I just want to make sure i'm not lacking in my SAD kit and will pick then necessary ones out of that kit. Thought it was a pretty good deal. Got the brass oring tools from them as well.

steve

allorings also has viton orings. that's where I get mine. I just got all vitons, what the heck...it's only a few cents.

I am looking to put together a Save a dive kit, what are the std sizes of o-rings I need?

Scubaroo once bubbled...
If it's of any use, I recently ordered the following from Reef Scuba for my save-a-dive kit based on my regulators and valves:

003 - HP hose SPG spool (viton)
010 - LP hose/2nd stage interface (viton)
011 - 3/8" LP port (buna/viton)
012 - 7/16" HP port (buna/viton)
013 - 1/2" LP port (viton)
014 - yoke valve (buna)
112 - DIN valve (viton)

Out of curiousity, how did you determine which O-rings are in your gear?

I'd need an illustrated parts breakdown, right? Or are there standard sizes?

--Sean

These are standard o-ring sizes for hose fittings and tank valves. About the only variations to this list that the average diver would have to make would be dropping the 112 DIN o-rings if they don't use DIN fittings, and the 013 1/2" LP port o-rigns if their regulator uses all 3/8" LP ports.

This isn't meant to be a list of o-rings you can do a regulator service with - more a list for "in-the-field" (or more accurately, on-the-boat or in-the-carpark) type save-a-dive repairs.

why such a huge price difference between those 2 sites? A viton o-ring is a viton o-ring isn't it? all o-rings is like almost 4 times more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom