Minimum o-ring / o-rings / o ring / o rings set?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FredT once bubbled...

If actually doing it according to the book:
3/8" LP port uses a 3-903
7/16" HP port uses a 3-904
1/2" LP port uses a 3-905

The cross section and size for those joints are defined by SAE, MS33656, and MS33657 to provide consistant sealing specs. They are NOT the same as the 2-0XX series! All are available in Viton (Parker compound V884-75)

FT

So, as far as I understand, I should order
3-90x instead of 2-0xx ??

Thanks

khel

khel:
So, as far as I understand, I should order
3-90x instead of 2-0xx ??

Thanks

khel

I've had the same question, all docs I've seen so far reference 2-0xx. I'm trying to cross reference now with a vendor. According to FredT there is a size difference.

RiverRat:
I've had the same question, all docs I've seen so far reference 2-0xx. I'm trying to cross reference now with a vendor. According to FredT there is a size difference.

2-xxx are specified in imperial measurements, 3-xxx in metric.

AirOil has a great size reference here.

Putting everything in decimal inch terms, as AirOil's crossreference does:
A 2-011 has an actual ID of 0.301 and crosssection of 0.070.
A 3-903 has an actual ID of 0.301 and crosssection of 0.064.

Whether those are "close enough", and which is "correct", is left as an exercise.

--Laird

I have a question maybe someone can answer. I just popped the o-rings out of my PST E-7 100's with Thermo convertable valves. Looks like "fat" o-rings in there, although the "skinny" 2-014's fit and appear to have the same ID (inside diameter).
Does anyone know what is supposed to be used in these valves? Standard 2-014 o-ring or the "fatter" version I've heard about?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom