Mine LaMotte Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bsigmund

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went to the mine today and had the place mostly to ourselves. When I say "ourselves" I mean Fleep and I. Everyone else bailed, including my brother. Anyway, viz was only about 10 ft above the thermacline and 1 ft below it. Still did a couple of dives. Pics link follows...

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=77535

PS - hope more people show up next Sat the 29th. :D

Did you hear anything from any of the caretakers? We managed to get the dock up and off the bottom. Then we had to drag it out into open water off of the beaver hut. Problem was that beavers werent the only thing using the hut. About a dozen or so of water moccosins were very unhappy of being evicted from their home. We still managed to get it cleaned out and floating. Cant wait until next weekend. Will be nice to have any vis this here had us around 1/2" at the most and then at 4' it went to 0. We dove until about 7:30pm.. Im beat.
Stingray seen that Gary, from the offsets had called during the day and he will get in touch with soon.
Talk to yall about midweek.
Chris

I had a great first day of diving @ The Offsets! Thx 2 BSigmund for showing me around (and being gracious about my weighting issues :p) I would love to go again any time any season. Had a nice coupla dives than hung out with a few non-diver friends for some cliff jumping and a little snorkling. Neat algae clouds in the water caused interesting effects in the light. Water temperature at surface was extremely variable depending on your proximity to these arches and shafts. Lotta Bass&Bluegill- especially near the ladders-where I'm guessing they are fed.

I will have to see about this wknd...one of my all time favorite comedians has a show Sunday...

OffsetsCloserSmall.jpg

OffsetsSunfishSmall.jpg

Glad to hear you had fun too Fleep...Stingray and myself got a call today from the owner he is very open to making the quarry more diver friendly. Stingray is bringing his boat Next saturday also. Owner has OK'd this launching - its great to work from.
I know where all go here for next weekend.
Talk to ya soon

Interesting pictures. Did you notice in the 1st one you can see the reflection of the camera's apeture in the water? You can almost make out the markings on the outer lens/focus ring. Glad to see your camera was working (this time). Still wish I could have been there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom