Miami to Key Largo during rush hour?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another Miami to Key Largo question.

How about Miami/Doral area to Key Largo in the morning? What time would I have to leave to make it to the dock by 8am? I'm thinking between 6:30 and 7.

Last week we were leaving Kendall at 7:30am and arriving at Quiessence in Key Largo at 8:30am. It depends on which side of Doral you are coming from though. If you are West and close to the turnpike I would plan on 1:30 drive time. Otherwise maybe 2hr drive if you have to take the 836 and 826. Just my rough guestimate. Leave with plenty of time the first time and make your changes accordingly.

Wow, even that early?! We're planning the 1st day to be Sunday so hopefully minimal traffic. The 2nd day will unfortunately have to be during the week. We were guessing 6:30 would get us ahead of rush hour traffic.

How long to Lauderdale in the morning?

The traffic tends to flow into Miami in the morning and out of Miami in the evening. Think of it like a tide ebbing and flowing. LOL So if you are heading South in the morning you are ahead of the game. The rush starts at about 6:00am. IMO there is almost no traffic in the mornings on the weekends. Your distance to Key Largo is about 60 miles. I would plan on 1 hour 30 minute travel time and add an additional 30 minutes on the week days just in case.

Worst case scenario there is a wreck. I once spent 3 hours on the Palmetto to travel 2 miles. I love South Florida for many reasons. Traffic is not one of them!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom