Mexico All Inclusive and cheap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillow

Contributor
Reaction score
We just got back from a Carribean Cruise. We did not get enough diving in. I do not want to waste time on my next vacation so I am looking for an AI that has something for non divers but has a low enough pricing that we can get there with out lieaving our wives at home. I plan on boat dives and unlimited shore dives. Prefer a shoreline without strong currents. I hope to go in march or april.

Any ideas or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Anything in Florida Cheaper?

Thanks

Hotel Cozumel probably best suits your needs (cost, shore dive, non-diver activities) but the food leaves a lot to be desired. Town and a couple good meals not too far to walk.

You might look at Playa del Carmen. It's in the Mayan Riviera, on the mainland across from from Cozumel. Decent reef diving (but not as nice as Coz), very little current and you're close to the cenotes. Find reviews of their AI's on www.playadelcarmeninfo.com

There are some nice places in Akumal. I stayed at the Akumal Beach Resort. Small AI resort. Good service, all ocean-front rooms. A solid 3 star with a 5 star beach. They have dive op on site and there is one just down the beach, no more than three minutes walk. Nice non-turisty town another two minutes farther. It really has an undiscovered feel, yet you are just across from Coz and only a 15 minute ride from Dos Ojos (cenote), 15 minutes from Tulum and 20 minutes from Playa Del Carmen.

Check it out on TripAdvisor.com

Pillow:
We just got back from a Carribean Cruise. We did not get enough diving in. I do not want to waste time on my next vacation so I am looking for an AI that has something for non divers but has a low enough pricing that we can get there with out lieaving our wives at home. I plan on boat dives and unlimited shore dives. Prefer a shoreline without strong currents. I hope to go in march or april.

Any ideas or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Anything in Florida Cheaper?

Thanks

Hey Pillow,
Don't know what you're using as a bechmark for "cheap". Current will just about be an issue anywhere on the Cozumel/PDC channel. It just is. You might take a look at some of the places on Roatan or Utila. If I were in you shoes, I'd take a hard look at Couples Resorts In Jamaica. Wife and I have been to the one at Ocho Rios several times. Would go back again! Fact is I had been diving for many years and on our last trip there I returned on the dive boat to find my wife in the middle of a Discover Scuba Diving course. She's been diving ever since, 100+ dives. Now there is plenty to do at that resort both diving and other wise. Also the times we were there all the equipment was included so I did not have to take any of my equipment. I took some of mine anyway. I think that is still the case. No current, pretty good diving, good dive op., no tipping, EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED for real, and it is a very romantic place. However, no children allowed. Check with your travel agent for "cheap" package deals.

Regards,

We like Club Maeva Tulum. No shore diving, but there is a dive shop on the property. Nice reefs 5 minutes out from the resort. You can book through the dive shop at tankha.com. If you want Cozumel (the diving is better) I went through dive paradise. They have about three or four hotels they use. We stayed at the Fiesta Americana. It was ok. The food at Club Maeva was as good as any buffet at major hotes in Vegas. My wife and I stayed there in June. cost $990 each. that included eight night and diving every day including one day in cozumel and one day diving the Cenotes (a must).

Good
Luck

Cheap..AI..doesn't gel..why don't you get a condo or a small cheap hotel and save your money for diving>there are lots of lovely places to stay right on the beach with or without kitchens and great restaurants if you need any help for our area let me know. This time of year hard to get a booking but thereare bed and breakfasts as well, you really see more of Mexico this way and have a much better time

Check www.applevacations.com Look at Oasis Akumal. Great AI with access to many dive shops, regular shops, etc. We have also stayed at Barcelo maya and The Palladium. Both have excellent on site dive operations. I will go back to whichever one offers the best deal! Also check out www.locogringo.com All kinds of info there if you explore the website!

Thanks Everyone for all of the sources and recommendations. I plan on looking in to everything. We have snow on the mountain and 50 mph winds, not to many people diving around here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom