Mesh tank protectors?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
The mesh will simply slide off when the time comes for the yearly vis or a hydro. You cando this yourself and help the shop a bit.

Can they get stuck in cylinder boots? I could have sworn I've seen that somewhere.

Ugh, if they slide on and off so easy, no wonder so many people fear for their tanks slipping out. Although I've only seen it happen a couple of times... not that I'm specifically looking. And I'm really quite dubious about all annual inspectors removing the things, especially if they've been on there for a while. Personally I'd feel a lot better if they asked me in the shop to remove it myself, or they returned the cylinder with the mesh protector off. Maybe even a "mesh removal fee" in the receipt, ha ha.

Is it possible to do a hydrostatic test with the mesh protector still on?

archman:
Can they get stuck in cylinder boots? I could have sworn I've seen that somewhere.

Ugh, if they slide on and off so easy, no wonder so many people fear for their tanks slipping out. Although I've only seen it happen a couple of times... not that I'm specifically looking. And I'm really quite dubious about all annual inspectors removing the things, especially if they've been on there for a while. Personally I'd feel a lot better if they asked me in the shop to remove it myself, or they returned the cylinder with the mesh protector off. Maybe even a "mesh removal fee" in the receipt, ha ha.

Is it possible to do a hydrostatic test with the mesh protector still on?

No they can not do a hydro with the mesh on. The mesh doe's not come of that easy, I have never seen the mesh slide on a tank bands yes because they were not put on tight in the first place. I have fond the easiest way to get mesh of is to double it back on its self from one end...a two minute job. As for a LDS charging to take mesh or boot of....my lds charges $25 for a hydro if I take it in myself $12. All the LDS doe's is hold it for pick up by the hydro station.

mesh tank protectors are for wousies...
:)

Okay, here's two reasons why I decided to remove the mesh from my new tanks...

1. The black mesh on my white Fabers tarted my tanks up so much that guys wanted to take them back to their rooms for the night.

2. The mesh obscured all the cool stickers that I had plastered all over my tanks to show what a hot-shot diver I was.

Back to you...

VaDiver:
Okay, here's two reasons why I decided to remove the mesh from my new tanks...

1. The black mesh on my white Fabers tarted my tanks up so much that guys wanted to take them back to their rooms for the night.

2. The mesh obscured all the cool stickers that I had plastered all over my tanks to show what a hot-shot diver I was.

Back to you...

if your a hot shot diver I would like to take you back to my room
DAVID :D

Why are you chiming in on this thread? You dive a RB! Unlessssss, you use mesh on that thing! :wink:

Randy43068:
mesh tank protectors are for wousies...
:)

Its the same as pussy with a 'w', isn't it?

Oh yeah - very interesting thread. Or maybe not. Awful lot of hostility simply discussing a tank wrap.

For the record, I do not use wraps on any of my AL or steel tanks. Tank mesh belongs in the pile with the scumballs, retractors, ankle weights and spareair, or anything of a flourescent colour.

My opinion, your mileage may vary

SS

reminds me of the time (years ago) a new diver came in and bought all new gear and wanted every piece of packing that it was shipped in. I told him before he left to take his tank and tie it to the bumper of his car and drag it down the the street on his way home. He lookd at me with horror-I told him "if all his equipment looked brand new, no one would want to dive with him as he obviouly had no experience". He called me from home, he forgot one box.

Keep the net on if you wish!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom