Merry XMAS to ME! New Rig aka "THE DARKSIDE"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dimitrik:
Do what I do and tell her you got it used off a dive buddy for $50.

And pray she does not see the credit card bill.

Ron - you have to tell the wife how much safer you will be by having that very expensive flashlight. This way when you are down deep, your buddy will be able to find you. Just sell off a few more photos for cash. Tell her that you have to have it for a class. Buy her jewelry... Hey it's Christmas for goodness sake. If you are going to be naughty, you can get it out of your system before the New Year. :D

I'm very happy with the profile, and the fact it's a newer donut design. If it was not for the long Corrugated hose, I'd be 100% satisfied, but I think I can get that fixed for $12.95, so that is what I'm going to do. I will dive the 19" version unless I can find a hose in stock somewhere locally as I doubt I can get it replaced before we hit the hole in just over a week.[/QUOTE]
Ron,
Just cut the hose shorter. You can cut off the end at the inflator and reinstall it. I cut my dive-rite hoses that way.

*Floater*:
How are the Oxycheq regs?

Breathing on the Oxycheq topside, it seems very similar to my Zeagle ZX second stage.

I have not dove this setup yet, so I will post a better impression once I get it to a good depth. 80' at the Hole next weekend should do it! :D

charlieo:
Ron,
Just cut the hose shorter. You can cut off the end at the inflator and reinstall it. I cut my dive-rite hoses that way.

I considered cutting the tube, but as they are inexpensive, I'll just replace it. Also the ends are solid, and the corrugated part is not, so I worried that it may leak if I cut it. I'm not interested in having a leaky inflator hose/BC because I'm too cheap to spend $13! :D

I have a shorter hose waiting for me at FlatIrons. It's a DR, not OMS, but I can not image it would matter.

Back
Top Bottom