Merry XMAS to ME! New Rig aka "THE DARKSIDE"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X:
About the monster long hose:
What you need is a can light. It works great to keep that long hose from choking you to death. :D

Shhh.. Ron is delicate and we are trying to break him in slowly :)

But I do have an extra can light you can try if you want to Ron...

BTW, where did you find the deal on the OMS?

Jasonmh:

NICE!! And Ron's been calling ME evil...........:rofl3: :rofl3:

Ron, next time we get to dive together we'll help you get rid of that yellow zip tie crap and get some cave line for all the right places!! :no

FWIW, I'm sure between Jason and I, we have plenty of inner tube for all your needs without buying some.

Looks great!

ABQdiver:
NICE!! ...FWIW, I'm sure between Jason and I, we have plenty of inner tube for all your needs without buying some.

Looks great!

Definitely. I've got plenty, but it looks like I will be missing you this month at BH Ron.
Unless you have plans to meet up with Kevin, PM me your snail mail address and i'll send you some. I think you said you are going to Coz soon? I don't want you to have to dive with your inflator hose all willy-nilly like that, it is unbecoming :)

And don't forget about that crotch strap, you can always get one here if you can't get one locally:
http://www.oxycheq.com/Wing_Access.html
Price: $22 Item: OWB-17

I think I've confused people with my complaint about the long low pressure inflator hose. What I am *****ing about is that I just measured my Corrugated inflator hose, and sure enough, OMS chose to include the 19" hose with this singles wing. It hangs down to almost the bottom of the BC. OMS sells corrugated hoses in 13" 16", and 19" lengths. WHY they would include a 19" hose with ANY rig is beyond me, it's just going to be too long and in the way.

Fortunately I found an OMS retail price list, and they sell the 13" corrugated hose for $12.95. Unfortunately I'm very sure this is not going to be a stock item at most LDS's, and I can't even find it online at the usual haunts. I'm going to call around locally as there are a few OMS authorized dealers in Denver, and find out if they either have it in stock, or I can order it.

Then I realized that my Low pressure inflator hose actually works with the 19" corrugated host, so...sigh, I will either need to get another, or maybe I'll just tube it off, and let the excess stick out somewhere for now.

Thanks everyone for the support and help. Yeah, I see now you are working on a Canister light! However with my photo bug I've wanted one of those for a focus light for longer than I've wanted a BP/W! :D

Kevin, the building industry must be VERY good as you seem to have more toys than Santa! :wink:

ABQdiver:

Ron, next time we get to dive together we'll help you get rid of that yellow zip tie crap and get some cave line for all the right places!! :no

FWIW, I'm sure between Jason and I, we have plenty of inner tube for all your needs without buying some.

Looks great!

You can blame WallMart for the Multi-color zip ties. But I needed some, and TWO stores were out of black as was my local hardware store which sells it at 2X the price. I then realized, hey, what an opportunity to confound and upset the men in black! So I purchased their Multi-color pack, and I have Pink, Blue, Yellow, Red, and maybe more. It is however RATHER heavy duty, if memory serves 400 lbs load, so while yellow, it's going to do the job, and well.

I will definately take you All up on the offer to get this thing Rigged better, but for now it's going to function rather well I think despite yellow zip ties, brass, and the long corrugated hose. :wink:

I'm now trying to figure out if a 4" chunk of channel Alum would make a good STA. Me thinks so. If I do take this to COZ, I need a lighter STA. This one is about 6lbs, and with my BP, that would likely put me a few lbs overweight in a 3mm and salt.

I really just want to have about 6~8lbs in salt and add a few pounds on a belt. I normally dive with 10lbs with my Stiletto in Salt in a 3mm fullsuit.

Jasonmh:
Here you go:

Bungie thru left chest d-ring to hold inflator hose:
bungieloop.gif

The 2 hoses with the innnertube around them:
lphose.gif

Extra innertube on the harness, usefull for holding things and some extra on the waistband can be used to tuck in the excess waist strap:
innertube.gif

The lp and corrigated hose held together with the innertube and both thru the bungie:
together.gif

Hope that helps. Next time we are out there we can pratice some OOA...

Thank helps out a LOT. I just picked up some surgical tubing, and some bungee, so I think I can rig this without issue. Maybe I'll use the pink zip ties this time as I'm running out of yellow! :11:

OE2X:
About the monster long hose:
What you need is a can light. It works great to keep that long hose from choking you to death. :D

Ohh Yeah! My wife will love the idea of my spending $1000 of a flashlight! :shakehead

ABQdiver:

Ten out of eight wives would DEFINITELY vote you as PURE EVIL after the damage that results in diving your BP/W, and returning from the hole in search of a said setup. :mooner:

Jasonmh:

Ohh yeah, I have a reputation as being "DELICATE"! :blinking:

I picked up the OMS wing on SB for $205 shipped. The guy said it had never been wet, and judging from the condition, I believe him.

I'm very happy with the profile, and the fact it's a newer donut design. If it was not for the long Corrugated hose, I'd be 100% satisfied, but I think I can get that fixed for $12.95, so that is what I'm going to do. I will dive the 19" version unless I can find a hose in stock somewhere locally as I doubt I can get it replaced before we hit the hole in just over a week.

RonFrank:
Ohh Yeah! My wife will love the idea of my spending $1000 of a flashlight! :shakehead

Do what I do and tell her you got it used off a dive buddy for $50. I have tons of black zip ties from when I was toying around with the BP/W idea. See you in COZ,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom