meridiano tank rental cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember reading a thread about regulator service in Cozumel. When I went to the recommended shops site, they offered annual storage service. I don't recall which shop it was.
Cozumel Scuba Repair, I believe they charge $100 a year and it includes an annual service.

For such a small difference you would think the operators would prefer to offer customers a safer option. I find myself increasingly drawn to operators that offer "free" nitrox as I sometimes do 4 or 5 dives a day if I can get in a night dive.

Are people really arguing over $10 bucks...a day over a week period? stop hitting up Starbucks then
3x$10= $30X7 days =$210 + I have to pay also for wifes nitrox so it costs me $420 U.S. maybe less if I do a 2 tank day. So now you know why ok?
$420 U.S. = $559 Canadian, that's a lot of $ for us Canadians just for nitrox.

3x$10= $30X7 days =$210 + I have to pay also for wifes nitrox so it costs me $420 U.S. maybe less if I do a 2 tank day. So now you know why ok?
$420 U.S. = $559 Canadian, that's a lot of $ for us Canadians just for nitrox.
Ok, if that's a price point for you, you can always dive with conventional air? What did we all do prior to getting N certified? Complain about the park fees? :cool:

Ok, if that's a price point for you, you can always dive with conventional air?
That's what I did when I was there. It wasn't the end of the world, but I'd have been a happier customer if I'd had nitrox and the dive shop might have made a little more money.

What did we all do prior to getting N certified? Complain about the park fees? :cool:
I think that's still pretty common for people to complain about :)

Not that either of those things would keep me out of Cozumel. Spectacular diving and a great topside experience last time I was there. I just see this as an opportunity for dive ops to make an improvement.

Ok, if that's a price point for you, you can always dive with conventional air? What did we all do prior to getting N certified? Complain about the park fees? :cool:
Right, like I will be the only one on the boat diving air. and be the first one up while everyone else comes up 20 minutes later. not going to happen.

Dear BRT,

If you think anyone in this business is "getting fat" you are grossly mistaken. In our case we have a different cost basis than Christi and others by buying and using a Brownies Third Lung membrane system--but our cost overall is comparable. However we think that is safer and more reliable since we have consistent fills that cannot be more than 40% O2 and cannot be dangerous without measuring.

Fact: Meridiano charges us 190 pesos for a HP 120 fill of 32% nitrox and even though exchange rates vary, that is pretty darn close to the $10 we charge. We have not lasted 25 years by "ripping off" customers as you insinuate.

I have no idea how you got those numbers and even the one you have is a cost of $4.50 for an aluminum 80 with nitrox. That is a mark up of roughly X 2 for the handling. Who is the real businessman here?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Only people that never took the risk of opening up their own biz would complain about the costs associated with running a biz...there are soft and hard cost...fixed and variable costs and the odds of failure due to numerous causes...

If you want free Nitrox...open your own shop :)

Now what I wished there was on Cozumel were storage units for rent. It would be nice to leave some stuff there. We have talked to the regulator repair shop there and I may try to leave some stuff with him but it would be nice just to have your own storage locker even something like what Cave Country Dive Shop does for out of town customers. If someone knows of something like this let me know
You can't beat the storage price at Cozumel s uba repair. I leave my gear and enough stuff for a family size kitchen, $150 a year, which includes servicing your gear!!

Only people that never took the risk of opening up their own biz would complain about the costs associated with running a biz...there are soft and hard cost...fixed and variable costs and the odds of failure due to numerous causes...

If you want free Nitrox...open your own shop :)

While I appreciate the generalization of how misunderstood business operating expenses can be I've run busineses for over a decade (youngster here) and it was my motivation for providing feedback as a consumer to fellow business owners which prompted my contribution to this thread.

In a saturated market public perception is quite powerful.

All the best,
Cameron

Back
Top Bottom