Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mossy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hey,

So I'm a little confused as to how the no fly time and desaturation time work. My no fly time is usually about 12 hours after a couple of dives but the desaturation time can be upwards of 24 hours. Can someone explain to me what the correlation between the two is and why they can be so different.

Also, the computer shows some mountains and that I can't go past level 4. But supposedly I am now able to fly. Which is higher than the 4000m. Confused! Is there any way to turn this off because it is a pointless feature for me.

Thanks.

flying is not higher than 4000m, at least in terms of cabin pressure. Typical cabin pressures are around 2000m equivalent elevation for reference.

It is highly unlikely you can't turn it off as it is built into the algorithms, and this is also unfortunately one of the compromises with recreational computers

Back
Top Bottom