Menominee Mi Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DOkie,

So far no one in the group wants to dive the cold water. So it maybe only myself and son. If Bob doesn't want to go out, we may just do a beach dive out in front of the summer houses or Perkins as you suggested, not sure yet. As the date gets closer, I will know more. Either way I will call Bob next week when I get back.

As you mentioned the river stinks, I am not sure I wouldn't even swim in it. I know more than a few manufacturing companies dumped nasty things in there over the years

Regards,

Froid

I'm pretty sure he has a couple of groups going out over the 4th holiday...
He's very accommodating.

The companies dump chemicals??? Can't be true! (grin)

All depends on the location. I believe a two tank dive in the bay of Green Bay is $65. That can vary depending on where he is going. (That meaning it could be cheaper if he wasn't running 9 miles out to the Jennie Bell). If you're going to do shallow, I know he's got a few guys that need to finish up their open water dives so he may be able to fill up the boat with that. There is one wreck that's around 65 feet. It's a pretty nice wreck that still has a lot of items on it (hats, lamps, plates, shoes, etc.) With the winds lately, the shallows have cleared up nicely...

DOkie,

As usual you have been a great help.

Shallow water would be perfect for a first dive in the bay. Heck I would love to go with the OW dives. I am just getting back into Diving after a 25 yr Hiatus. I just did 4 OW referral dives with my son in Key Largo. I will be back in the states tonight and will call Bob tomorrow.

Froid

If you try Bob tomorrow, make it later in the evening. He's on a trip to Washington Island this weekend. We were supposed to go, but after checking the weather our 18' boat was looking pretty small!!! Ended up diving 9 miles out from shore today and got caught up in 3 foot waves. Supposed to be worse tomorrow, so Bob probably won't be back in until late.

Some info on what Bob might offer... Marinette water intake. Nice dive, not much around it, but there's a lot of fish. The bass hang out here like crazy. Sydney O'neff - broken up wreck in about 12 feet of water. Sometimes you can find some bottles/pottery around this one. Green Island wreck. Never dove it, but it has a real nice view of the island and it's a nice trip out there. Lemry's Anchor - (As you can guess) an anchor with log piles near by. Another good place for bottles. There is a wreck in Oconto, it's lower viz, but only 30' deep. We've never dove it, but Bob really enjoys that one. I guess there's lots to look at.

Another option he might offer you is to go to Amberg Quarry. (Sometimes a big group goes there). It's a pretty nice quarry on private property that only costs $5 per diver to dive.

Also, if you're bringing your family, there are nice fireworks in Stephenson. Don't know if you've ever been to them, but you can park right below where they go off. The set them off at the high school.

Have a safe trip....

DOkie,

I will call Bob tomorrow and see what he has planned for Saturday. My son isn't due back from France until Wednesday now, so we won't head over until Thursday afternoon. I hope he has something available over the weekend. Are you going with the OW class?

Froid

I'll put in a good word for Bob. He does a nice job, very accommodating. Surface intervals are fun too, Bob always seems to have a story to tell! You will have a great time!

Froid - Update!! Surface temps are warming up!!! They're close to 70 now (if not above). You guys will have a great time! Dennis is right on the money! Bob always has some great stories to tell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom