Question Thunder Bay Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Lakes Divers has a retail store, rentals, education, and does air and nitrox fills. Currently they are by appointment so just call a few hours ahead! Also, for charters, Great Lakes Divers sold their boat and business to Captain Travis Smith at 616-402-4246. He is an experienced dive boat captain and knows the area very well.

What happened to the shop’s website?

I had a friend from Canada come over (recreational Diver so we were of no help) in 2018 and he wanted to do the Montana and the Allen. No dive charter, but the shop up there hooked him up with a fishing charter that took him out to the wrecks. Me and my dad did the same thing in 2006.
Great Lakes Divers has a retail store, rentals, education, and does air and nitrox fills. Currently they are by appointment so just call a few hours ahead! Also, for charters, Great Lakes Divers sold their boat and business to Captain Travis Smith at 616-402-4246. He is an experienced dive boat captain and knows the area very well.

Hi,

My family and I are staying in Alpena, MI for a week in the end of July. I want to dive shipwrecks in Thunder Bay. I’m looking for depths less than 60 feet as my brother and mom want to dive them as well.

What recreational shipwrecks sights do you recommend?

Are any of them shore dives? Can you snorkel any?

Which dive ops do you recommend?

Finally, are there fill sights up there?

Thank you! I appreciate any insight.
The Joseph S. Fay in the sanctuary off 40-mile Pt. Lighthouse is a great, shore-accessible shipwreck site!

Website still talks about you having your own boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom