Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver:
Out of many one people

For those who don't know, 'out of many one people' is in fact the national motto of Jamaica.
A testament to the varied ethnicities, religions and varied origins that make up our country.

The creation of these statues were fraught with controversy though.
Some felt offended that the statues are nude, that the artist (a Jamaican) wasn't the right skin colour, some didn't agree with her interpretation of the subject matter (Emancipation from slavery)...

I think it's a wonderful statue and perfectly captures the spirit of emancipation....
On a technical note, I love how the sun is captured here. Can only imagine what a sunball would look underwater with this :wink:

Great silhouette shot!

catherine96821:
So..we need you, we have seen the fiance.

Okay, okay...here I am, taken in front of that same waterfall where I proposed, only down on the path, a couple hrs walk later.
IMG_3782.jpg

Suprisingly, I did not take this picture :wink:

IMG_4167.jpg

That's another one, taken at Taughannock Falls

Not the quality of some of the images that I have seen in here lately, but it is a recent fav of mine..... Anyone know where it is ?
600_Picture-197.jpg

Soggy,

I just came across your picture "Two Dinghies" from yesterday. I have a bunch of prints of different small boat scenes like it hanging in my family room. I love it - great picture.

Here is a similar one I took in Denmark in 2000. It is heavily processed in Photoshop using the watercolor filter:
denmarkboats.jpg

Chuck

Some recent shots.
First three were taken between ISO 800-1600, excuse the noise :blush:...

Crimson

373850907_b8cf490b8f_o.jpg

Rain soaked

373850909_66a2f2db38_o.jpg

From yesterday's outing, footprints on the sand...
Cliched I know.

373850917_411796d77a_o.jpg

Dove on the path much travelled :D.

371159082_e7b567a2a0.jpg

Elliot that dinghies shot is lovely, love the watercolour effect.
For some reason I wonder what that scene would look like on film...

There's something special, striking in this one Soggy.
And cold...
Rick
Soggy:
Gloucester, MA
img_2361.jpg

In case anyone was interested - this is the winning snow sculpture (called "Old Man Winter") I went back at night and got a few more shots. It's about 12 feet tall.

oldmanwinter2.jpg

oldmanwinter.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom