Member introductions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Years Tec Diving: Started 2011
No. of Deco Dives: < 50
Tec Instructor: No
Trimix: Not yet (as of this date anyway)
Rebreathers: Not yet (as of this date anyway)
Cave: Not a huge interest, but never know until I try it! More interested in wrecks.

Comments: cbrich and I want to dive the USS Monitor...that is our #1 goal.

Tec Diving: since 2007
Instructor: Nope
Trimix: Yes
Cave: Yes

Full Name: Tim Murphy
Years Diving: 12
No. of Deco Dives: 100+
Tec Instructor: No (OW instructor tho)
Trimix: Yes
Rebreathers: Not yet, but interested
Cave: Took Cavern with Jim Wyatt, plan to continue more training with Jim (great man, saw enough to get hooked on caves)
Ice: The 'local' overhead environment
Wreck: Took Advanced Wreck with Steve Lewis (loooooooooots of sweet wrecks in the Great Lakes to explore)
GUE: Took 'Fundies' with Dan MacKay

Cheers!

Hello,

Years tech diving: 1.5
No of deco dives: 89
No of cave dives: 66
No of dives: 551
Tech instructor: No
Trimix: No, next year
Rebreathers: Eventually
Caves: April 2010. Dive mostly in Mt Gambier but have also dived in Mexico and Florida.
Other comments: I love cave diving the most though I only get one trip away each month to the caves. In the meantime I dive around Port Phillip Bay and the Bass Strait, and get to see a lot of wrecks :)

Years tech diving 1
No of deco dives 6
Tech instructor No.
Trimix. Yes.
Rebreathers. Yes
Caves. Soon

I originally certified openwater in 1988. I really began tech diving within the last year or two. I just finished up normoxic trimix and then from there certified on the Kiss rebreather. My next training will more than likely be Cave.
I dive as much as I can. Usually dive on Saturdays but Sundays are not out of the question. I live in the Brooksville area of Florida, so I hit the cave country quite a bit. I love to dive the gulf and do weekend trips to the east coast and Keys.

My initial thoughts when starting into tech was to work towards doing deep wreck dives. Since I started training, I have gotten the cave bug as well. I train with Bert Wilcher and also rebreather with Doug Ebersole.

Hope to meet and dive with some of you.

Cheers, Walt

Hey...

Don Mitchell is my name.
Years tec diving:5
No of deco dives: 100+ , NAUI Deco & Extended Range
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? Yes, NAUI Tri-Mix 1
Rebreathers? No, but looking into CCR training and some rental diving, as a "bucket-list" sort of thing.
Wrecks: a few unimportant ones. Planning on a Chuuk trip with "Lust-for-Rust" Pete. Probably won't include Bikini cause I like the fishes too.
Caves? novice PADI course in Sipadan to see the Turtle Cavern. A couple of penetrations less than 200'.

Other comments: Signed up for basic OW and Nitrox as my first training package, and I have been a highly motivated student ever since. Lived and breathed diving for over a decade, and put a lot of serious training, to very good use. Always been an aggressive diver who used training, knowledge, and lots of planning to stay on the safe side of my non-recreational profiles. Lots of solo styled group dives, because I traveled alone, so did not have a dive "partner" to buddy with. After a few years off, I am back to finish up a couple of goals like CCR training, diving Chuuk, and to revisit a few places in Palau, PNG, and probably Galapagos. I need to do this before overfishing, shark finning, and global warming make it unbearable for me to experience what has been lost to human stupidity.

I'm here because I need to get back up to speed fast, and I can best learn from all of you. I'll be the quiet one, in the back of the room, soaking up as much info as I can.

Thanks for letting me have a seat... Don

Last edited:
Name: Mike
Years tec diving: 6
No of deco dives: ~140 ish
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? yes, TDI
Rebreathers? Yes
Caves? sometimes
Other comments: Love plundering wrecks :eyebrow:

Hi Everyone!

Name: Bjorn

TDI Adv / Nitrox - Deco
Padi Cavern.

Years tec diving: 1
No of deco dives: 9
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? no.
Rebreathers? no
Caves? Only Cavern so far. Intro to Cave (IANTD) planned with Ed Pavey. Soon... :)

Other comments: Enjoy diving the lakes, quarries and springs here in the Midwest. As soon as I'm Intro to Cave certified - looking forward to exploring Roubidoux and Cannonball as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom