Joe Citelli

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whenever I stepped onto one of the South Florida dive boats and Joe was there with some students I smiled and knew it was going to be a good day. I enjoyed his company and always wished I knew him better and for longer. As fate would have it I was on the boat with him just this past Saturday, so hearing the news the next day makes my heartbreak even worse. God Bless Joe and his family.

It’s been several days now, and I am still deeply saddened to think I’ll never see Joe’s smiling face or hear his life’s stories in his quirky NY accent ever again. He was old-school, he was an honest, he was a straight-shooter GOOD MAN. I pray he can know how loved and respected he was. I pray he knows he will always be. Godspeed Joe, and may your friends and family find comfort somehow in this great loss. 💔

I am feeling incredibly lucky to have spent a week last month with Joe while my friends took a class from him. I had only met him a few times prior, but to comment how incredibly welcoming he was and how he treated me like I'd been a friend for years would be an understatement. Meeting him it was immediately obvious that he was the rare person that just loved diving, and more importantly just loved sharing it with others. This was even more apparent by the number of people that would call him throughout the day just to check in and talk diving and other life events, and I really feel for those that were fortunate enough to have that connection.

My condolences to all his close friends here. I met him on the dive boats in NY, and ran into him down here cave diving and he was always great fun to be around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom