Member introductions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tec and TMX - 2008
Cave - 2009
Tec Dives - Lots
Cave Dives - <100
Instructor? - Tec, Trimix, Sidemount

Another new member; just checking in to see if here's any good content/discussion.

Name: Lauri
Started diving: 2002
Years tec diving: 5
No of deco dives: 150-200
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? Sure. :)
Rebreathers? Looked at 'em, haven't seen the point yet.
Caves? Locally no, in love with Cenotes; 50-100 cave dives total depending on if I count in mines...
Other comments: T2/C2. I'd say I'm a wreck-a-holic with a bad cave habit. I'm lucky to live on the shore of the absolutely (no contest) best place in the world for wreck diving - the Gulf of Finland; far from caves, though. I've tried dabbling with some wreck and cave scenic photography, still figuring out how to best portray the pristine wrecks we've got...

//LN

I'm reposting this as a reminder to everyone. Please include your names so we have an idea who we are talking to!

The suggestion was made in another thread for us to introduce ourselves and give some basic info. That will help give us an idea of who we're talking to and some background info. I'm going to combine several posts from other areas into this thread for easier reference.

Years tech diving: 10
NACD Cave - 9/01
NAUI Trimix - 4/03
IANTD CCR - 3/08

I started cave diving because I was interested in wrecks and thought the skills would be beneficial. Then I got hooked on caves and mostly forgot about wreck diving. Most of my diving is done either cave diving Florida or wall diving in Grand Cayman.

Noticed my original post could have been better, so here is goes

Years tec diving: 0.5
No of deco dives: 35
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? Yes
Rebreathers? Someday
Caves? January 2012
Other comments: I love diving, and I love marine/aquatic life. I also like the history associated with wrecks and the geology of the caves, so I look forward to all kinds of diving every chance I get.

Last edited:
I dont think I've done this before

years tec diving: 5 or so
no idea of my number of dives. but my tec2g has about 45 on it since i got it i think in january. those are all cave dives with a few bounces mixed in
rebreather: no
iantd cave and trimix

all of my dives are in caves and I have done one nitrox dive this year. so most are multi-stage trimix cave dives

no idea of my number of dives. but my tec2g has about 45 on it since i got it i think in january. those are all cave dives with a few bounces mixed in

You have to get out more. I have about that many in the past month and a half!

And to update my earlier entry, The KISS GEM shipped last month and I've been doing at least 1 dive a week on it. Last dive was about 1.5 hours long. Looking forward to my next RB dive this weekend.

Mathew Bull
Finished up Trimix a little while back now

Name: Shirley Kasser
Years tec diving: 4
No of deco dives: ~350
Tec instructor? Yes, NAUI Cave I & Trimix II
Trimix? Yes
Rebreathers? Briefly, didn't do anything for me.
Caves? Severely addicted

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom