Melia Vacation Club hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaschne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
have a chance to trade into this timeshare. It is north of downtown, anyone have any info on resort? Close to other restaurants? What is the closest dive op? Assume we would have to taxi to dive op? any info is appreciated. Looking at Labor Day week. I have been diving with scuba club and del mar aquatics in the past any other recommendations for an op close to the Melia? thanks

have a chance to trade into this timeshare. It is north of downtown, anyone have any info on resort? Close to other restaurants? What is the closest dive op? Assume we would have to taxi to dive op? any info is appreciated. Looking at Labor Day week. I have been diving with scuba club and del mar aquatics in the past any other recommendations for an op close to the Melia? thanks

I am a former owner of the Melia in Cozumel. While the hotel and beach are nice; you have to take a taxi or have a car to get anywhere. There is an onsite dive operation and we used it once, back when it was Sand Dollar Sports. However after travling to Cozumel over the years and staying at the Melia 6-7 times we decided it is much better to stay closer to town. If you are trading into the Melia; skip the all inclusive and rent a car (get insurance). They have parking and the best food is in town NOT at the Melia.

Gary
Upcoming trip 3/28/08-4/2/08
Casa Mexicana/Blu Angel

As already stated the Melia is so far north of town you'll need to taxi to the dock to meet the dive boats or rent a car. It's about a 5 minute ride to the Aldora docks downtown. I'd recomend BlueXtsea or Aldora divers for an op. The resort itself was terrific for our group of 10 last April ( I was the only diver) The kids snorkeled...swam...sunbathed..etc without ever complaining of nothing to do. The grounds of the Melia are very well laid out for a family vacation. If you're all about hardcore eat/sleep and dive then stay in town or one of the southern resorts.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom