Megadive Party '04-b

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still like Ginnie, but can see Crystal River working, with some river stuff, a few state parks within an hour or so drive (Manatee, Kings Bay and more commercial places around Ocala/Williston) we can rent pontoon boats, drift Rainbow River and i am sure there are plenty of state parks to camp in even if there is no diving in them - Manatee SP is also a good idea. You could also think of one around Ft Lauderdale for shore diving - anything that involves major boat rentals would be a huge pain and expense. Whilst i didnt pay much at Ginnie, i know we could have dove for cheaper elsewhere in entrance, camping and nearby fills fees.

Actually wherever the party is, as long as there is diving and its cheap enough i am there - dive, dive, dive!!!!

What would diving conditions at Sebastion Inlet State Park be like during the first week of October?
(If I hear partly cloudy with a sixty percent chance of rain, I'm gonna hurt somebody!)
Would viz be bad? High winds late in the year? Cold temps? Jellyfish washing up on the beach? Rabid Columbian Otters picking up bales from the water?

AFAIK, Crystal River would be at it's very best in the dead of winter, as there would be a high likliehood (hey, I know it's misspelled, but it's late and I'm tired) of manatees at that time of year.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
What would diving conditions at Sebastion Inlet State Park be like during the first week of October?
(If I hear partly cloudy with a sixty percent chance of rain, I'm gonna hurt somebody!)

Partly SUNNY with a 40% chance of no rain falling. :D

(Of course, I could have stated it differently, and you wouldn't have HEARD it, unless you read it aloud!)

(I tried to resist, but I AM a Kuck!)

Miss Cleo; "I see SOMEBODY'S SCUBA tank getting filled with methane. Dat's right! Yah dun pissed sum body off yah did!"

SURE! I'll transport tanks for refills! Which one is yours Adder? :)

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Miss Cleo; "I see SOMEBODY'S SCUBA tank getting filled with methane. Dat's right! Yah dun pissed sum body off yah did!"

SURE! I'll transport tanks for refills! Which one is yours Adder? :)
Um... Uh oh... My tanks have my name on them. Now I HAVE to get Mike to attend, since Steven and David don't have tanks!

Just curious adder, Do Steve and Dave dive?
I haven't seen them in a long while.

Hey, ya'll are invited to Monterey in October. The vis is great, at least 40', and the water will have warmed up to 52-54 degrees. Hope ya'll have a great time, I wish I could come.

DSW, please send the boots soon or my toes will be very cold next week.

Rob

I agree with CBulla the ride for us down south here was quite long. I'm placing a vote for Crystal River.......I think there would be a good chance on diving with some manatees of which I've never done.

But DSW you're the planner/organizer so I guess we all will show up wherever you set up that cooker of yours.

Wildbill:cop_2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom