Mega vs Chedraui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Chedraui has better prices and variety of produce items. Megamart seems to have a better selection of meats, deli and breads. While both are good, I prefer Megamart, it feels cleaner. I have no idea about the agave syrup, but perhaps you can put some in a travel sized bottle just in case.

This may just be piling on at this point, but I have a slight preference for Mega. I stay north of town and always rent a car, so distance doesn’t mean much. Mega looks nicer, has better lighting, etc., which, admittedly, doesn’t make the food any better. Mega does have a more interesting beer collection, at least for those of us who like craft(ish) beers. I also like the bakery better, although they no longer seem to have my favorite bread, the whole loaf pan integral. Sometimes Mega is out of avocados, or the cilantro looks crappy, or something, and I make a second stop at Chedraui. Chedraui’s produce might actually be a little better. If I were staying right across the street, I don’t think I would go out of my way for one or the other.

Thank you all for great info / responses / opinions!

Can't wait to get back to my favorite island!

Do either of these stores carry mattress pads?

We will be staying at an Airbnb for over a month, love the Airbnb but the bed is too hard so looking for a king size 2" mattress pad.

We will be staying at an Airbnb for over a month, love the Airbnb but the bed is too hard so looking for a king size 2" mattress pad.

You might try some of the furniture & home improvement stores (for a 2" thick roll of foam) on Av 65 between Benito Juarez and Av Andres Q. Roo.

There are also other supermarkets around.

I like the new Chedraui on the transversal better than mega or the old ched on Melgar.

There are also a few SuperAki's and a Soriana on 30th

Also a big one by sams club, Aurriga Bodega or something, locals call it mama luchas

Great question! Waking up with a sore back from a hard mattress is awful. So glad you asked about this.

This is from the Mega website regarding mattress pads.

There are also other supermarkets around.

I like the new Chedraui on the transversal better than mega or the old ched on Melgar.

There are also a few SuperAki's and a Soriana on 30th

Also a big one by sams club, Aurriga Bodega or something, locals call it mama luchas
Back in the old days before Chedraui and Mega, we used to shop for lunch supplies and such at La Retranca. It's long gone now, I believe.

Back in the old days before Chedraui and Mega, we used to shop for lunch supplies and such at La Retranca. It's long gone now, I believe.
Back in the old days, I used to walk 10 miles to school. In the snow. Uphill both directions. But it's long gone now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom