Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little story problem Two guys go diving diver 1 is wearing a 500.00 dollar drysuit and diver 2 is wearing a 2000.00 dollar drysuit after the dive how do you know who was wearing which one??

Answer: the diver that is dry was diving in the 500.00 suit.

I resemble that remark

John

Couple notes:
1. Had a great time meeting everyone! Tyvm for all your hospitality. I can't wait to get together again.
2. To the guy with the red Matrix from Cincy who lent me the weights - let me know when/how to get them back to you. I pick up donated clothes all over Cincy so I can probably deliver it with no difficulty if you give me the address. Otherwise, just drop me a line at woody@woodysworld.org
3. To the guy who I bought the case of beer for - I owe you $20. Drop me an email (above) with the brand name of what you had me buy and how much you originally gave me and where to send it and I will get that back to you asap.
4. To the guy with the English accent who dove with me on Saturday afternoon - would you sign my dive book? I can mail the page to you with a sase for you to return it in. I'd appreciate it.
5. I wanna do it again! Ya!

I can’t let this one go….

The names have not been changed to protect the innocent...

Brokeback Quarry

Epilogue

Katie Go Bucks married Choby and they went to the zoo to make fun of the monkeys. Amber successfully lobbied congress and OSHA for warning stickers on ceiling fans, Brain begin appearing in "certain" movies with the stage name Clyde S. Dale. Denny finally gets his suit to stop leaking but becomes incontinent. President Chelsea Clinton commemorates Meet-n-Greet 35 at Gilboa....And the rest is history.

As an ex-English teacher, Jcoby, you get an A+ for writing technique, creativity, and humor. I'm not sure, though, about that "incontinent" remark.:rofl3: I'm not quite that old----yet. Hey all, as soon as I can find 2 min. to rub together, I'll get pics posted. Some I may have to censor.:11:-----nah! This week is crazy for me.

JCHOBY,

You had me there for a minute, maybe two. I kept thinking "is he writing himself into this so he doesn't peeve others off?" Finally realized it was John Mittendiver in the story. I must still be slow after all the fun over the weekend. Excellent portrayal of the weekend. I assume the next chapter contains the scene from GARP that gave them just as many nightmares! :wink:

Paula

How was the M&G this year? I was too worn out after working today to get up there.
You SOOOO missed it Randy, we were in RARE form

Phil brought your back plate!
Your blanket from last year and backplate have been turned over to kt_gobucks since she's in Columbus and closest to you, I'm pretty sure the ransom is only $50 or so.

I just got back from M&G and wanted to say I had an awesome time!
Ber: Thanks for taking me on my first night dive ever! It was amazing!
I had such a great time and I wish I could have stayed saturday to meet the rest of the gang but I'm sure I'll be back at more M&G's in the future!
You're quite welcome! You both did a great job for your first night dive, no corking to the surface YAY! Slow your final ascent from the safety stop down though, you were kind of cruising on that part. Overall, well done!

You missed an even better campfire on Saturday night :eyebrow:

What a great time, thanks everyone! Especially to Paula, Ber, and all the others for helping me with my first ever drysuit experience! Wish I could have stayed longer, next time the husband doesn't come if he has to work that night.
You're quite welcome! It's a completely different animal isn't it? Sounds like you discovered why we consider cold water diving to be a completely different sport from warm water diving :wink: Hope you get your ear issue resolved.

Not to mention a new definition for overhead hazard...
Eeeeeeoooouch! :shocked: :rofl3:

Damn, these things seem to get better every year!! Sorry I missed it.
Dude you TOTALLY missed it. The rabbit had no students so no obligation to act professional and took the opportunity to go running amuck. I don't get off the leash very often :eyebrow:

Ok now to all of you people that remember the discussion of who that face is??? it is Gumby.... Everyone was wrong. now that I have a good look at it I realize now who it is.
Gumby is GREEN, that is Grimace.

I can’t let this one go….

The names have not been changed to protect the innocent...

Brokeback Quarry

Chapter 11 – The Bunkhouse

So, when is the Harlequin novel coming out? That was GOOD stuff! :rofl3:

Y'all are FUBAR, I wanna party with you folks

That's some seriously funny ****
Oh you have NO idea :D Next time you see the spring meet-n-greet thread started you really should try to come up for it. You WON'T be disappointed with the party but remember, what happens at M&G STAYS at M&G :ignore: The fall meet is usually much smaller and not quite as wild.

Hey everyone;

I just wanted to say what a great time I had. Judging from Jchoby's story, sounds like y'all had a better time Saturday night than Friday night. Wish I could have stayed. Actually, I called my wife on the way and she said "you could've stayed"...s**t and I already packed up all my stuff.

John
Departure time Rule #1: Call home FIRST :D
The Saturday campfire was an absolute RIOT compared to Friday night and Friday was really good as you know.

OK, we were in there an hour and losing the ability to use our fingers... :rofl3:
Another chapter to "Brokeback Quarry" in the making? :f:

You're just jealous..why is Mitten smiling like that?

Couple notes:
To the guy with the English accent who dove with me on Saturday afternoon - would you sign my dive book? I can mail the page to you with a sase for you to return it in. I'd appreciate it.
Careful, last time I mailed my logbook page to a Scubaboard member for a signature it came back with hearts drawn all around the entry...of course it wasn't your buddy and I AM a girl. I still vote for hearts in the logbook! Yet ANOTHER chapter of "Brokeback Quarry"!

Thanks to Ted for giving up the master bedroom in the bunkhouse for Bruce and I, I wanted to be as far from the overhead hazard as possible :wink:

It was so good to see all my old friends and put faces to some of the new names in the Crew. I had a blast! It was really nice being up there without students, I got to let my ears down for a change! Thanks for not running away when the rabbit got off the leash :dork2:

BIG HUGS to my wine buddy Warm Water Wimp!

Great pictures so far! Can't wait to see the rest of them!
Ber :lilbunny:

Hey Mrsmitty:
The night dive was great. BTW, jwalko (John) did the night dive w/ you and Ber. And yeah, the italian sausages were pretty good. The peppers and onions really make it. Its a really easy recipie...maybe for the Meet & Greet recipie board.

Is that Mr. Smitty or Mrs Mitty??? lol

John

Sorry, with me being new, the names were rough... Got it now John! I actually had the answer a couple on monday when I sent Denny a PM asking your name....

Thanks for not running away when the rabbit got off the leash

Leash! I knew I forgot something. May need to bring a crate too in case you're too ornery to leave on a leash...:D

Fellow M&G'ers, please check up on me Thursday. Ber may stuff me down the pool drain tomorrow...

Fingers are over-rated.

And, Paula, you DID tell the secret ingredients! But I'll let you do the honors!

(edit: fingers is referencing a post by S_D a page or two ago- I didn't realize when I got to the bottom of the page that there were more posts I hadn't read yet)

Couple notes:
3. To the guy who I bought the case of beer for - I owe you $20. Drop me an email (above) with the brand name of what you had me buy and how much you originally gave me and where to send it and I will get that back to you asap.

5. I wanna do it again! Ya!

Thanks so much for the beer run. I sent you a email with the details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom