Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh Bonobos...they do know how to have fun...Kind of like us! Great time, wish I got to dive but at least I was there for the fun. Looking forward to future dives once these eyes are all healed.

Perhaps Grimace looks so weird at depth is that all the air in his head compressed to make him look like a duck!

Following the Key rule of the M&G... All I will say is "a good time was had by all":eyebrow::wink::D

Hey Look, it's the "Brokeback Quary" brothers :crafty::crafty:

I can’t let this one go….

The names have not been changed to protect the innocent...

Brokeback Quarry

Chapter 11 – The Bunkhouse

The sound of departing footsteps from outside the bunkhouse awoke John from his deep slumber. Slowing returning to the waking world and rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he recalled that he had turned in early to recoup from a cold and strenuous dive earlier that day. The rustling he was hearing was from the remaining Great Lakes Wrecking Crew finally making their ways to their respective tents for a long overdue rest. John listened to the footsteps grow evermore distant leaving only the gentle songs of cool breezes racing through the trees. The fading light of the dying campfire flickered through the window. Its amber glow spilled upon the walls of the bunkhouse forming a wondrous array of shadows; each of which toyed with his imagination. The shadows seem to mimic the very things that were on his mind, the things he seen in recent days, the things he so deeply desired. He saw a paddle fish glide across the ceiling only to morph into the smiling face of Grimace waving at him from beneath the sea. And for a brief instant, John thought he saw Ted. But the shadow didn’t change; it remained in the shape of his favorite dive buddy. Straining his eyes in the fading light, he starred more intently. No, that was not a shadow after all. The huddled figure in the distance was his dive buddy, He too had settled in early. They were alone in bunkhouse.

For reasons unknown to him, John arose from the couch were he had previously been sleeping. He paused for a moment then slowly crept forward as if being drawn toward Ted by some mysterious force. Perhaps it just was a natural thing, born of a bond built over years of diving together. They had shared hundreds of dives, never being more than an arms length apart. And now being far across the room seemed so wrong, so empty, so very cold. His mind told him to turn around and go back to sleep, but his legs inched him forward. He could no more stop moving forward than Denny can stop water from creeping into his 2000-dollar dry suit. He moved closer, ever so closer…closer

John stopped near the pullout sofa bed where Ted was sleeping. His mouth was dry and his heart raced as he looked down at the sleeping figure before him. He watched for what seemed liked hours, not knowing what to do next. He continued watch his buddy with all the same concern and care as if they were on a dive to those cold a$$ tubes at Gilboa. His rhythmic breathing entranced John; the sound seemed familiar and comfortable, much like the steady rate draw of Ted pulling air from his regulator. Ted flinched for a brief moment and startled John. For a second John thought he should turn and head back to his bunk. But he realized that Ted was just dreaming and slowly he found himself wondering what Ted could be dreaming about. Maybe he dreamt about the strawberry cheesecake they shared earlier that day. John thought, perhaps, he was…John’s cheeks and loins flushed…maybe he was dreaming about me. He knew what he had to do! In the still of the night, John slowly reached out with a curious but cautious hand…

The fact that ladies frequent this board and that I am gentleman, I cannot continue with the rest of the story

Epilogue

Katie Go Bucks married Choby and they went to the zoo to make fun of the monkeys. Amber successfully lobbied congress and OSHA for warning stickers on ceiling fans, Brain begin appearing in "certain" movies with the stage name Clyde S. Dale. Denny finally gets his suit to stop leaking but becomes incontinent. President Chelsea Clinton commemorates Meet-n-Greet 35 at Gilboa....And the rest is history.

I can’t let this one go….

The names have not been changed to protect the innocent...

Brokeback Quarry

Chapter 11 – The Bunkhouse

The sound of departing footsteps from outside the bunkhouse awoke John from his deep slumber. Slowing returning to the waking world and rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he recalled that he had turned in early to recoup from a cold and strenuous dive earlier that day. The rustling he was hearing was from the remaining Great Lakes Wrecking Crew finally making their ways to their respective tents for a long overdue rest. John listened to the footsteps grow evermore distant leaving only the gentle songs of cool breezes racing through the trees. The fading light of the dying campfire flickered through the window. Its amber glow spilled upon the walls of the bunkhouse forming a wondrous array of shadows; each of which toyed with his imagination. The shadows seem to mimic the very things that were on his mind, the things he seen in recent days, the things he so deeply desired. He saw a paddle fish glide across the ceiling only to morph into the smiling face of Grimace waving at him from beneath the sea. And for a brief instant, John thought he saw Ted. But the shadow didn’t change; it remained in the shape of his favorite dive buddy. Straining his eyes in the fading light, he starred more intently. No, that was not a shadow after all. The huddled figure in the distance was his dive buddy, He too had settled in early. They were alone in bunkhouse.

For reasons unknown to him, John arose from the couch were he had previously been sleeping. He paused for a moment then slowly crept forward as if being drawn toward Ted by some mysterious force. Perhaps it just was a natural thing, born of a bond built over years of diving together. They had shared hundreds of dives, never being more than an arms length apart. And now being far across the room seemed so wrong, so empty, so very cold. His mind told him to turn around and go back to sleep, but his legs inched him forward. He could no more stop moving forward than Denny can stop water from creeping into his 2000-dollar dry suit. He moved closer, ever so closer…closer

John stopped near the pullout sofa bed where Ted was sleeping. His mouth was dry and his heart raced as he looked down at the sleeping figure before him. He watched for what seemed liked hours, not knowing what to do next. He continued watch his buddy with all the same concern and care as if they were on a dive to those cold a$$ tubes at Gilboa. His rhythmic breathing entranced John; the sound seemed familiar and comfortable, much like the steady rate draw of Ted pulling air from his regulator. Ted flinched for a brief moment and startled John. For a second John thought he should turn and head back to his bunk. But he realized that Ted was just dreaming and slowly he found himself wondering what Ted could be dreaming about. Maybe he dreamt about the strawberry cheesecake they shared earlier that day. John thought, perhaps, he was…John’s cheeks and loins flushed…maybe he was dreaming about me. He knew what he had to do! In the still of the night, John slowly reached out with a curious but cautious hand…

The fact that ladies frequent this board and that I am gentleman, I cannot continue with the rest of the story

Epilogue

Katie Go Bucks married Choby and they went to the zoo to make fun of the monkeys. Amber successfully lobbied congress and OSHA for warning stickers on ceiling fans, Brain begin appearing in "certain" movies with the stage name Clyde S. Dale. Denny finally gets his suit to stop leaking but becomes incontinent. President Chelsea Clinton commemorates Meet-n-Greet 35 at Gilboa....And the rest is history.

LoL too funny!!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Hey everyone;

I just wanted to say what a great time I had. Judging from Jchoby's story, sounds like y'all had a better time Saturday night than Friday night. Wish I could have stayed. Actually, I called my wife on the way and she said "you could've stayed"...s**t and I already packed up all my stuff.

Anyway, thanks for a great meet and greet...can't wait for the next one.

John

Slowing returning to the waking world and rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he recalled that he had turned in early to recoup from a cold and strenuous dive earlier that day.

Aww man! I think you're saying diving with me is strenuous! OK, we were in there an hour and losing the ability to use our fingers... :rofl3:

I just got back from M&G and wanted to say I had an awesome time! I just wanted to share a few thank you's for the trip!

Paula: Thank you for the soup! The brownie\cookies were excellent!

The guy that dove with me on the night dive (sorry, your name flew out of my head at the moment): Thanks for the italian sausages!

Denny: Thanks for going on the first two dives with me and showing me around!

Ber: Thanks for taking me on my first night dive ever! It was amazing!

And Ted: Thanks for the refrigerator space and showing me what a regulator looks like underwater. :)

I had such a great time and I wish I could have stayed saturday to meet the rest of the gang but I'm sure I'll be back at more M&G's in the future!

Hey Mrsmitty:
The night dive was great. BTW, jwalko (John) did the night dive w/ you and Ber. And yeah, the italian sausages were pretty good. The peppers and onions really make it. Its a really easy recipie...maybe for the Meet & Greet recipie board.

Is that Mr. Smitty or Mrs Mitty??? lol

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom