Meet & Greet - Dec 13th - 9am - Lake Pleasant, AZ

Will you be attending this spectacular event?

• Yes, count me in.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Yes, plus 1.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Yes, plus 2.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • No, maybe next time.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Possibly, let me try and clear my schedule.

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calle Roo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Aloha! :wavey:

Well, I have the finalized details for the Meet & Greet for December...

This event is open to the public! Bring your friends and family for a day of fun at Lake Pleasant.

December 13th - 9 am
Lake Pleasant, AZ at The Spillway

I will be driving a lil red Ford Ranger pickup truck. The canopy should be up to use as a reference. You can park in the parking lot, or drive down near me.

Map is provided below.
  • Go north on I-17 to Carefree Highway(AZ-74).
  • Go west on AZ-74.
  • You will take AZ-74 about 13 miles to Castle Hot Springs Road. The signs will also mention the 10-lane boat ramp.
  • Turn Right on Castle Hot Springs Road and follow it to the first park entrance.
The entrance fee at the entrance is $5.00 per vehicle.

***If you need more specific directions, do not hesitate to ask

I have chose the Spillway, as it will be the best area to hold a group of people, and easily accessible and locatable. Being its winter, we wont have too much boat traffic or classes going on. Remember it will be 7mm and hood, or drysuits water temps, if you'll be diving. :cold: Make sure to bring all of your dive gear, if you're planning on diving.

scubajcf has offered to set up a navigation and buoyancy course (for fun). That alone, is definately worth coming! :yeahbaby:

I will be bringing a generator.
3 coolers, filled with ice.
2 - 18x18 grills with propane
and a large canopy
cups and plates

This event will be bring your own meat, drinks or food, but it's also a potluck, so if you have a special potato salad or side dish, make a lil more to share. If you have a crockpot dish, I will have a generator, to keep it warm. Please PM me in advance if youre going to need electricity, so I ensure there is enough for those needing it.

In between surface intervals, and non-divers, we should have a pretty good turnout on shore. I will bring a radio, so bring a football or frisbee, if you'd like to play on dry ground.

And of course, I will have prize drawings throughout the event! -More details to follow. :D ***Donations are gladly accepted for the drawings.

If your RSVP, please check back for any possible changes.

Lake20Pleasant20South20Dive20Sites.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nancy and I are planning to be there. I'm planning to dive but she may take a little convincing. (She hates donning her 7mm wetsuit) I have a small charcoal grill I could bring if needed.

Nancy and I are planning to be there. I'm planning to dive but she may take a little convincing. (She hates donning her 7mm wetsuit) I have a small charcoal grill I could bring if needed.

Awesome. I cant wait to see you guys again!

Yeah, bring the lil grill, just in case.... :wink:

May be at the dunes that weekend but if plans don't materialize I will be there.

mg

Ed4 and I will be there. Haven't dove LP in a few months so that will be fun.
Look forward to seeing every one.

Hey guys, this looks like FUN!

Hey Pete,
You are welcome to head out west and join in the fun.
We welcome out of state divers with open arms.
Randy from California was in town for our October M&G and joined us for dinner.
When was the last time you dove in a desert?

Hi , new to this forum and diving. Re-certified last September after.. oh.. 30 years! (yea I know)
Would like to meet people in Arizona (my son/dive buddy is currently in Iraq).
Are we invited? my wife is a good cook and I am in need of some bubble time to hone skills and such. The boyancy/nav thing sounds interesting.

Hi , new to this forum and diving. Re-certified last September after.. oh.. 30 years! (yea I know)
Would like to meet people in Arizona (my son/dive buddy is currently in Iraq).
Are we invited? my wife is a good cook and I am in need of some bubble time to hone skills and such. The boyancy/nav thing sounds interesting.

Of course you're welcome Dan! Bring your wife and friends too. I'll need company on shore.

And welcome back to diving! :cheerleader:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom