Meet GHOST - revolutionary BCD Diving System !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TecDiveGear

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We are excited to announce our newest product by xDeep.
GHOST - Ultra Lightweight Dive System with total "ready to dive" weight of 5lbs !

Main GHOST features:

• wing bladder shielded by Cordura 1100 dTEX fabric - virtually indestructible
  • revolutionary NextGen backplate with 3D uncompressible, neutral buoyancy 3D mesh pads for maximum comfort, backplate is made out of aerospace grade alloy
  • significantly reduced drag by most optimal wing cut - less effort, better gas consumption and longer dives
  • double strap crotch strap that makes GHOST to become your second skin with no "riding on your back" effect that improves diver stability in any body position
  • flexible weight system - two kinds of droppable weight pockets in standard to choose from

More info: GHOST BCD Scuba Diving System

GHOST systems are in transit to USA in bulk, you can get your hand on one today at any xDeep dealer.

Cheers !

GHOST single tank BCD dive system by XDEEP.jpgdive gear store_tecdivegear.jpg

Can you elaborate on the benefits of the "double crotch strap"? Not sure I understand what problem it's trying to solve.

I'm also confused about the double crotch straps.
Did you have the lengthen the plate or shorten the waist strap to add the 2nd slots for the crotch straps?
What is the total length of the plate?
What is the distance from the top of the plate to the waist slots?

Why is the waist strap in the position it is? looks like it's up around the rib cage. And what problem does the mesh pads address? Never had a problem with any of my plates.

The cutouts also don't seem to have any function other than cosmetic. Which increases production costs with no real benefit to the diver. And the double crotch strap doesn't seem to solve anything but does add an extra strap that possibly would need to be dealt with in an emergency.

And the claim that it significantly reduces drag? As compared to what and why and how does it do that in a way that a BPW by any mfg does not?

And what is the specific aerospace alloy used?

What exactly is this "riding on your back" effect ?

I have never heard of it.

Napoleon, please meet Waterloo.
:reaper:

I too thought the dimensions of it looked strange with the waist strap too high???

I need to see this fitted to a diver, but something looks off re: where either the "crotch" straps, the "waist" belt, or both are located.

Almost 800 bucks?

I was going to hit the link until I read your post.

---------- Post added June 8th, 2013 at 07:06 PM ----------

Something similar for a bit over $200.

I just use a commercial diving harness with a wing and cam bands attached for a single tank. The harness weighs less then a back plate, the tank is only 1/4" away from your back, the tank rests between your shoulder blades so you do not need a single tank adapter for the back plate.

Back
Top Bottom