Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538:
I would love to make it out to dive, or at least party, but this is the same day we're hosting a party for our friends who are having twins.

Alas, yet another dive opportunity foiled by 1 of the following: work, friends, work, kids, work, "weekend contractor to the house"

You all have fun and make sure to have at least one cold one for me. I'll hoist a few during the BBQ and party at my place to Ceril & and the GLWC !

I am sure we will be posting details for the next M&G as soon as we return from this one, hopefully you will be able to make it to one this summer.

diverbrian:
I thought that you would remember me. As the gear is Dive Rite, I had a hunch where you ordered it from :) . That would be the primary reason that most of my gear is Dive Rite as well :) .

he he he

Headin' up Saturday 'bout 0dark25 to spend the day. Too darn many posts to read thru - what hasn't been signed-up for yet? If I hear nothing I'll grab about a case of munchies, soda, bottled water, and whatever misc comes to mind.

Tom

skyking:
Headin' up Saturday 'bout 0dark25 to spend the day. Too darn many posts to read thru - what hasn't been signed-up for yet? If I hear nothing I'll grab about a case of munchies, soda, bottled water, and whatever misc comes to mind.

Tom

Misc is always good! You keep them guessing that way. I might be bringing some of that myself!

gtxl1200:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I got a minute to update the list.

I will have the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew sign I will be there early Friday morning it will be hung up somwhere visible for everyone to see. You cant miss us The GLWC Bunk House is 30ft long so it is visable from way down the road. Plus for the ladies it does have running water and flush toilets. for those that dont want the hassle or take up the space that were going to bring small grills and propane. Bunkhouse has full kitchen also so if you dont want to bring that stuff you dont have to.

Dont worry about when and who to dive with. Diving always takes place pretty much non stop all weekend. That is the one good thing about Gilboa. Just gear up and giant stride in. It usually finishes up each night with a night dive.

The Pot luck........ and let me add these usually put most buffets in vegas to shame. Usually takes place between 1and3 on Satuday so this for sure is the day and time you will want to try and be there.

now for the updated list

OK here is the updated list if you havent spoke up yet. read the list and decided what you might think we need and let us know

Gtxl1200
1. Bunkhouse
2. Generator
3. 30 cup coffee maker
4. a few leftover cups and plates from past meet and greets
5. name tags
6. GLWC Welcome sign

Ber Rabbit
1. Vegetable tray
2. 10x10 enclosed tent
3. Portable heat

Mitten Diver
1. 10x10 pop up canopy tent
2. paper plates, napkins, bowls, cups and assorted other gear left over from previous Meet & Greets
4. Tex-Mex dip and chips
5. Smores and assorted special ingrediants
6. Extra gear to borrow and for sale.

Komie Hunter
1. Tent
2. Fire wood

Notso Ken
1. Pop up canopy
2. Meats to BBQ
3. Home made adult beverages

DiverBrian
1. wood, thanks Brian for resolving that issue
2. Always has extra gear to borrow if needed
3. New and Larger dive buggy which by the way was much needed.

electricbear60625
1. renting a room would share if anyone interested.
2. Ice chest. So I will put you down for a couple 3 bags of ice
3. cases of water,gatorade,soda,
4. Italian Beef and rolls

Divin'Hoosier
1. propane stove once again look at top of this post
2. Snack goodies

Jham2081
1. Chocolate chip cookies

Barracuda2
1. 20lbs of Toledo Keilbasa

Dean810
1. Big tent with room for others if interested.

Diver Paula
1. 1 black las vegas hat
2. 1 pair of red sunglasses
3. Tri-pod & cauldron
4. Soup makings - to be coordinated with Polly and served early to help beat the chill
Tea kettle
5. Thermal carafe - to keep water hot for tea & hot cocoa mix
Coffee Creamer
6. $ for firewood
7. Long hot dog / marshmallow stick
8. Fruit - probably apples and bananas
9. Clothes / wet-stuff line
10. Camp box - includes knives, matches, lighter, trash bags, Purell, paper towels, Salt, Pepper, tongs, Splenda, tea bags, etc.
11. Misc. extra gear - underwater flashlights, gloves, hood, straps, etc.

Scubapolly
1. Chicken noodle Soup fixins

RiffRaff
1. Lunch meat and Bread
2. Freshly killed caribbou

Jchoby
1.Baked Beans

Pcarlson
1.Newpaper hehe is that for the fire or the after effects of barriccudas Keilbasa?

cldwdiver
1. Breakfast fixin's

That is all I saw for right now. If I missed anyone then PM me and let me know. I will bring a Turkey again if anyone has a fryer. I cant seem to locate mine.
this is shaping up to be the biggest Meet n Greet yet.

Also it looks like the spot for Saturday night that opened up in the bunkhouse has already been spoken for We will see how we are space wise to see if we have room for anyone else. and as always green paper folded in thirds always seems to open up a spot.

SkyKing- here is the most recent of the run downs of what everyone is bringing.

Komi- I don't have to sleep in my truck, I choose to since it can be locked so I can keep you and your weiner sticks out :D

Put me down for some home made "Cherry Cobbler". I know it won't last long. I may even throw in some "Blueberry Cobbler". Good stuff!

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Nitrox Junkie:
Put me down for some home made "Cherry Cobbler". I know it won't last long. I may even throw in some "Blueberry Cobbler". Good stuff!

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

I would be all over some of that "Blueberry Cobbler".

Dean810:
Why is it in "quotation marks"?

It is actually the new Strawberry short cake dolls. They now have ones that make shoes... "cherry cobbler", "peach cobbler", "blueberry cobbler"........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom