Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan to be there Fri morn as I am leaving early as I have never been before. As far as how long I am staying depends on the temp I am not sleeping in a tent if it is going to be cold. Since it is illegal to bring firewood I will be bringing some bottled water and other goodies,If I am going to cross state lines with something illegal it will be from KY and be drinkable :wink::wink:

komi hunter:
I plan to be there Fri morn as I am leaving early as I have never been before. As far as how long I am staying depends on the temp I am not sleeping in a tent if it is going to be cold. Since it is illegal to bring firewood I will be bringing some bottled water and other goodies,If I am going to cross state lines with something illegal it will be from KY and be drinkable :wink::wink:

Planning to get there early myself, but wasn't sure what time we will be allowed get in to get settled.

For those of us new to Gilboa, any hints/tips we need to be aware of regarding finding the place? I simply plugged their address into MSN Maps & Directions and plan on (generally) following those directions. It's telling me it should be around 189 miles, 3 hrs 21 minutes to be exact!

Anything else we need to be aware of?

You taking I-70 to I-75 from Indiana or are you farther north? If you are going north on I-75 you can take the Beaverdam exit (134) and go left, follow that road until it dead ends (696 becomes Road 6 but keep going straight) then make a right and the quarry is on your right about a mile down the road. It's kind of on the outside of a curve.

Taking exit 134 is almost 30 minutes shorter than going all the way up to Findlay to catch SR 224.

Park in the first lot you get to and stop at the office-the big tall building-and sign in. Make sure you have something on every single line of the waiver even if it's "N/A".

Mike enforces 5mph on the property (fair warning).
Ber :lilbunny:

BTW, the waivers are on the picnic tables in the office on long clipboards and it is a two sided waiver. One of the lines asks for your instructor's name and instructor number and they expect you to have something on that line even though you are certified.
Ber :lilbunny:

Yes, I'll be entering OH via I-70.

I keep hearing about the speed. I keep picturing a guy in overalls sitting on a porch with a shotgun ready to pepper any "speeding" vehicle with birdshot. 5 MPH! Does that mean no running allowed either?!

Thanks for the warning!

IndyScott:
Sorry Ber Easter Sunday will be over so you can not hide the eggs.

LOL
IndyScott :14:
I went on an easter egg hunt in Lake Michigan on Saturday. Great fun. Water Temp was a balmy 39 Degrees. I did however, win a nice small LED light a mesh bag and an oil change for the car. Not a bad day's diving.

Divin'Hoosier:
For those of us new to Gilboa, any hints/tips we need to be aware of regarding finding the place? I simply plugged their address into MSN Maps & Directions and plan on (generally) following those directions. It's telling me it should be around 189 miles, 3 hrs 21 minutes to be exact!

Anything else we need to be aware of?

If you need to pick up anything you will want to stop in Lima on your way up. That is your best place to pick up any grocery items.

Divin'Hoosier:
I keep hearing about the speed. I keep picturing a guy in overalls sitting on a porch with a shotgun ready to pepper any "speeding" vehicle with birdshot. 5 MPH! Does that mean no running allowed either?!

Nope, rides around in a golf cart (quick and quiet). I actually would love to have someone bring up a radar gun and see how fast he's going. :D

I will be there early Friday. I think I will come down from Grayling Thursday after 4:30 should be in the area around 9:00 P.M. Will get a hotel close by that night then come to the quarry early in the morning. Do they open at 10:00?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom