Meet and greet picnic dive 5-2-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I unfortunally can not do the afternoon dive. I have a Party to go to. The scooter is in the keys so I can not use it.

Thanks for the NOAA tide tables (I'll use those from now on) as I'm sure they are more reliable. It seems that website I was looking at was a day behind as far as tide times.

Synopsis

A ridge of high pressure over the western Atlantic Ocean will continue to provide easterly winds less than 15 knots to the local waters through Monday.

Tonight
East winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of light showers.
Friday Through Tuesday
East winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.

It looks like we are set in our weather pattern through the weekend.

Shall we:

1. Stay at Dania and picnic and the hard core divers can hop the waves:wink:
2. Move to Blue Heron Bridge and picnic lunch and then dive the high tide @ 3:37pm?

Let's wait till tomorrow.. though the hard core divers could do both! :D

Well, I'm by no means a "hard core" diver (at any rate not yet) so I'll pretend I didn't see the :wink: and vote for option 2. But I'll keep checking on here until Fri night. If there is still a group wanting to meet at Dania, I will still bring the sodas, ice, and tent to a meet and greet even if I don't do the dive; then I'm planning to go to the bridge anyway later. So I'll hang out at the beach till is time. No problem. I'm easy :eyebrow:

You guys are correct ... we can keep the picnic at Dania and have plenty of time to make high tide at BHB :wink:

But next time we should call the picnic at BHB it is a nice park.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom